In summer 2018, weBoost has discontinued selling two versions of this antenna and have replaced it with a singular kit that provides multiple installation options. The new version is only 17" tall (the former options were 19" and 24"), and includes two extension poles and both the rigid & spring mount.
The antenna itself remains identical - with a 14' antenna cable (with SMA ends) and 2.5dBi to 3.5dBi rated overall gain across all the key cellular frequency bands. They also include a three-way mounting bracket that can be bolted to a wall, or clamped onto a horizontal or vertical pipe.
TIP: Do be aware that at even at the shorter 17" length - this antenna will be a challenge to mount on many RV roofs, but it should be a good match for rear ladders, clamping to a flagpole or on retractable mounts.
- Model: 304415
- Type: Omni-Directional
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Cable Type & Length: RG-58 / 14'
- Connector: SMA Male
- Internal Ground Plane: Yes
- Dimensions: 17" (original versions were 19" and 24")
- Mounting: 3-way Bracket, spring or rigid base.
- Frequency / Gain:
700-800 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
824 - 894 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
880 - 960 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
1710 - 1880 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
1850 - 1990 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
2110 - 2170 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
2.3 - 2.5 GHz: ??
- Retail Price: $99.99 Retail (Frequently found for ~$70)
Testing Status: We have had the original 24" rigid version in testing since release in 2016.
This Antenna is actively in our testing: We have included it in several testing rounds since, and it continues to outperform all other weBoost omnidirectional antenna options we've tried:
- Cellular Signal Field Testing – SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 | weBoost Connect RV 65 | HiBoost OTR | MIMO Antennas (2nd Quarter 2018)
- Cellular Signal & Embedded Router Field Testing – IBR900 | MAX-BR1 | ConnecT 2.0 | SkyPro LTE | Drive Sleek | MIMO Antennas (1st Quarter 2018)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Mid 2017) - Featuring the new Drive 4G-X RV Kit
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Early 2017)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Late 2016)
- Cellular Antenna Field Testing Results (Spring 2016)
In our testing, this antenna shows increased gains over other options - particularly over the 4" magnetic mount antenna and even the new weBoost 4G-X RV kit. And even over the building omni-directional antenna that weBoost includes with their 4G-X RV Kit.
However, this antenna does present some installation challenges on RVs due to it's height. It was really meant for installing on a semi-trucks rear view mirror - not the roof of an RV.
If you have a rear ladder or retractable batwing antenna on your rig, those do present options that can keep the antenna at a lower profile while in motion. As does using this antenna in a temporary installation on a flagpole/mast or using a suction cup mount.
Some other ideas shared by others include:
- RV Geeks: How To Install The WeBoost Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster & 4G-OTR Antenna (creating a custom roof mount)
- Wheeling It: Easy RV Mod -> The weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR Cellular Booster (temporary attachment to a batwing antenna)
- Drivin' & Vibin': WeBoost OTR 4G-X Cell Booster – Product Review (installation on a small trailer)
- FootPrintDesign - Mobile Internet Cell Signal Booster Install (installation permanently attached to a batwing antenna)
- MIA Member - Custom retracting mount shared by MIA Member Erald in the member forums.
Photo gallery of member installations:
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
The new 17" kit as a stand alone is not yet available, but is now shipping in new OTR boosters ordered. The 19" and 24" stand alone antennas are in short supply during this transition.
weBoost 4G-OTR Ratings
weBoost's antenna for semi-trucks, but also a great choice for RVs!