weBoosts new Truck & RV 4G cellular antenna is a classic omnidirectional shaft-mounted design that does not require a ground plane. It comes in two variants:
- Model 304415 - Has a 19" total height and a spring-mount base to allow for some give if it strikes against something.
- Model 304414 - A rigid 24" tall shaft, primarily intended to mount on the side mirror of a big truck.
Other than the shaft height, both antennas are identical - with a 14' antenna cable (with SMA ends) and 2.5dBi to 3.5dBi rated overall gain across all the key cellular frequency bands. They also include a three-way mounting bracket that can be bolted to a wall, or clamped onto a horizontal or vertical pipe.
These new antennas should be a great drop-in replacement for any places that the old Wilson trucker antenna is installed, and they should also pair nicely with any of weBoost's 4G cellular boosters.
TIP: Do be aware that at 19" tall - this antenna will be a challenge to mount on many RV roofs, but it should be a good match for rear ladders or clamping to a flagpole
- Model: 304415 / 304414
- Type: Omni-Directional
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Cable Type & Length: RG-58 / 14'
- Connector: SMA Male
- Internal Ground Plane: Yes
- Dimensions: 19" Tall / 24" Tall
- Mounting: 3-way Bracket
- Frequency / Gain:
700-800 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
824 - 894 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
880 - 960 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
1710 - 1880 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
1850 - 1990 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
2110 - 2170 Mhz: 2.5 - 3.5 dBi
2.3 - 2.5 GHz: ??
- Retail Price: $99.99 Retail (Frequently found for ~$70)
Testing Status: weBoost has sent us the taller Trucker style equivalent of this antenna to test.
This Antenna is actively in our testing: weBoost sent us their new 4G-X OTR kit, which includes the re-packaged 4G-X and 4G Trucker/RV Antenna. We have included it in several testing rounds since, and it continues to outperform all other weBoost omnidirectional antenna options we've tried:
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Mid 2017) - Featuring the new Drive 4G-X RV Kit
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Early 2017)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Late 2016)
In our testing, this antenna shows increased gains over other options - particularly over the 4" magnetic mount antenna and even the new weBoost 4G-X RV kit.
However, this antenna does present some installation challenges on RVs due to it's size. It was really meant for installing on a semi-trucks rear view mirror - not the roof of an RV.
If you have a rear ladder or retractable batwing antenna on your rig, those do present options that can keep the antenna at a lower profile while in motion. As does using this antenna in a temporary installation on a flagpole/mast or using a suction cup mount.
Some other ideas shared by others include:
- RV Geeks: How To Install The WeBoost Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster & 4G-OTR Antenna (creating a custom roof mount)
- Wheeling It: Easy RV Mod -> The weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR Cellular Booster (temporary attachment to a batwing antenna)
- Drivin' & Vibin': WeBoost OTR 4G-X Cell Booster – Product Review (installation on a small trailer)
- FootPrintDesign - Mobile Internet Cell Signal Booster Install (installation permanently attached to a batwing antenna)
- MIA Member - Custom retracting mount shared by MIA Member Erald in the member forums.
Photo gallery of member installations:
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
weBoost 4G-OTR Ratings
weBoost's newest antenna option.