Announced in May 2019, the weBoost Drive Reach cellular booster is being billed as "weBoost’s most powerful, in-vehicle cell signal booster yet" with substantially more uplink power than any of weBoost's prior mobile boosters.
When compared to weBoost's former flagship mobile booster, the Drive 4G-X (read our extensive review), weBoost described the Reach to us this way:
"The biggest difference / improvement is the uplink power. The Reach has 4.7 dBm more uplink power than the X. dBm uses a logarithmic scale so a 3 dBm improvement means it's twice as powerful."
This more than doubling of uplink power is what gives the Reach its reach - allowing a substantial theoretical advantage when communicating with distant towers.
The first release of the Drive Reach is coming in two kit variations for vehicles and fleets. Other antenna bundles are expected and will be added to this guide as they are released.
- Model: Varies based on kit selected
- Gain: 50dB
- Max Uplink Power: 29.5 dBm (1 Watt)
- # of Devices Boosted Simultaneously: Multiple
- LTE Bands Supported: 12/17, 13, 5, 4, 2, 25
- Exterior Antenna: Bundled antenna varies by kit. SMB antenna jack.
- Internal Antenna: 4G Slim Antenna. SMB connector
- Range of Interior Coverage: tbd
- In Motion Usage: Yes
- Booster Dimensions: 6 x 4.5 x 1.5 in / 1.8 pounds
- Warranty: 2 Year
- Kit List Price: $499.99 (Vehicle Kit) | $524.99 (Other Kits)
What's In The Kit?
The Drive Reach is initially being offered in two different kits - the difference being the included exterior antenna and the power supply. The Vehicle Kit is intended for automobiles - and is the one most appropriate for RVers and cruisers. The Fleet kit requires professional installation and is intended for police cruisers, ambulances, etc.
- Drive Reach Booster
- Exterior Antenna:
- 4G Slim Interior Antenna
- Power Supply:
- Drive Reach: Plug-in DC Power Supply ('cigarette lighter style')
- Drive Reach Fleet: Hard-wired DC power supply
Additional antenna kits should be released later, hopefully with our top pick weBoost 4G-OTR antenna and an RV specific antenna.
Included in this Review
- Review & Testing Status
- Potential Alternatives To Consider
- Purchasing Options (Including special 10% savings!)
- Related Reading - News & Guides
Member Exclusive Content / Review:
Review & Testing Status
We have received the Drive Reach and are currently testing it head-to-head against other boosters over the summer of 2019.
We have our initial testing results summarized in the member area, and a more detailed hands-on review and analysis of the weBoost Drive Reach will be featured after we've completed our intensive testing. Members can follow along with our ongoing results as we conduct our testing:
- Cellular Booster Intensive – weBoost Drive Reach, SolidRF RV Pro, Cel-Fi Go-M (Summer/Fall 2019)
- Booster Bonanza – weBoost Drive Reach, SolidRF RV Pro, Cel-Fi Go-M, Poynting 402 vs 4G-X (Summer 2019)
Our Video Overview:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other booster options on the market worth comparing this model to - here are our featured options:
Boosters are NOT the right choice for all applications.
They make the most sense for devices without antenna ports (like smartphones and tablets), or when in weak signal areas. However, for devices with antenna ports in mild to moderate signal areas - a direct-connected antenna can outperform a booster. And boosters can actually DECREASE data speeds in some conditions - never assume you need a booster on all the time - always test at each location!
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
Special 5% Savings for
Mobile Internet Resource Center Readers
Use 'MIRCweBoost10' at checkout at weBoost.com
While this site is not reliant on affiliate funding, we do appreciate it
when you use our our links - the little extra ka-ching is a nice thank you!
Buy Direct from weBoost:
Amazon - Reach Vehicle
- weBoost Announces Drive X RV Kit with OTR Antenna - Replacing Drive 4G-X RV Posted on: July 25, 2019
- weBoost Announces the Drive Reach - "Most Powerful In-Vehicle Cell Signal Booster Yet" Posted on: May 21, 2019
- 2018 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2019 Posted on: December 31, 2018
- weBoost and HiBoost Release New OTR Trucker Cellular Antenna Kits Posted on: August 3, 2018
- weBoost Connect RV 65 Cellular Booster Kit: Aimed at Stationary RVers in Remote Locations Posted on: April 30, 2018
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about the complicated topic of signal enhancing and utilizing cellular boosters.