Announced in May 2019, the weBoost Drive Reach cellular booster is being billed as "weBoost’s most powerful, in-vehicle cell signal booster yet" with substantially more uplink power than any of weBoost's prior mobile boosters.
Our extensive hands-on testing confirms this and it has earned a Top Pick designtation.
When compared to weBoost's former flagship mobile booster, the Drive 4G-X | Drive X (read our extensive review), weBoost described the Reach to us this way:
"The biggest difference / improvement is the uplink power. The Reach has 4.7 dBm more uplink power than the X. dBm uses a logarithmic scale so a 3 dBm improvement means it's twice as powerful."
This more than doubling of uplink power is what gives the Reach its reach - allowing a substantial theoretical advantage when communicating with distant towers, which was borne out in our tests.
The first release of the Drive Reach is coming in two kit variations for vehicles and fleets. Other antenna bundles are available from some of their distributors.
- Model: Varies based on kit selected
- Gain: 50dB
- Max Uplink Power: 29.5 dBm (1 Watt)
- # of Devices Boosted Simultaneously: Multiple
- LTE Bands Supported: 12/17, 13, 5, 4, 2, 25
- Exterior Antenna: Bundled antenna varies by kit. SMB antenna jack.
- Internal Antenna: 4G Slim Antenna. SMB connector
- Range of Interior Coverage: tbd
- In Motion Usage: Yes
- Booster Dimensions: 6 x 4.5 x 1.5 in / 1.8 pounds
- Warranty: 2 Year
- Retail Price:
- $499.99 - Vehicle
- $524.99 - Fleet
- Trucker and Marine Bundles available from some distributors $520-$659
What's In The Kit?
The Drive Reach is initially being offered in two different kits - the difference being the included exterior antenna and the power supply. The Vehicle Kit is intended for automobiles - and is the one most appropriate for RVers and cruisers. The Fleet kit requires professional installation and is intended for police cruisers, ambulances, etc.
- Drive Reach Booster
- Exterior Antenna:
- 4G Slim Interior Antenna
- Power Supply:
- Drive Reach: Plug-in DC Power Supply ('cigarette lighter style')
- Drive Reach Fleet: Hard-wired DC power supply
weBoost states their products are "5G ready." Which is a bit misleading. What they mean is that even with the roll-out of 5G, their products will continue to work because 4G isn't going away. Their boosters do not work on the new 5G spectrum being deployed, and the carriers have not yet overlayed 5G on the frequency bands that current day boosters support.
Included in this Review
- Review & Testing Status
- Potential Alternatives To Consider
- Purchasing Options (Including special savings!)
- Related Reading - News & Guides
Member Exclusive Content / Review:
- Thoughts & Analysis
- Hands-On Testing Notes
- The Importance of Uplink Power
- Sprint Band 25 Support
- Antenna Lineup
- Video: First Impressions
Review & Testing Status
We received the Drive Reach and completed our extensive testing round in November 2019. We tested the vehicle antenna, as well our tried and true favorite 4G OTR / X RV antenna.
Should weBoost release additional kits, we will test those options. Based on our extensive testing, we will continue use it as the mobile booster we compare all others to in terms of performance.
Members can dive deeper and look at raw results from our testing rounds:
- Cellular Booster Intensive – weBoost Drive Reach, SolidRF RV Pro, Cel-Fi Go-M (Summer/Fall 2019)
- Testing Progress Notes: weBoost Drive Reach (Cellular Booster)
- Booster Bonanza – weBoost Drive Reach, SolidRF RV Pro, Cel-Fi Go-M, Poynting 402 vs 4G-X (Summer 2019)
Our Video Overview:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other booster options on the market worth comparing this model to - here are our featured options:
Boosters are NOT the right choice for all applications.
They make the most sense for devices without antenna ports (like smartphones and tablets), or when in weak signal areas. However, for devices with antenna ports in mild to moderate signal areas - a direct-connected antenna can outperform a booster. And boosters can actually DECREASE data speeds in some conditions - never assume you need a booster on all the time - always test at each location!
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Special 5% Savings for
Mobile Internet Resource Center Readers
Use 'MIRCweBoost10' at checkout at weBoost.com
While this site is not reliant on affiliate funding, we do appreciate it
when you use our our links - the little extra ka-ching is a nice thank you!
Buy Direct from weBoost:
Additional Vendors (members, check the Member Discount Page for discounts up to 11% off!):
- MobileMustHave - Drive Reach
- Waveform - Drive Reach | Drive Reach Fleet
- Powerful Signal - Drive Reach | Drive Reach Fleet | Drive Reach OTR Trucker Bundle | Drive Reach Marine Bundle
- Wilson Amplifiers - Drive Reach | Drive Reach Fleet | Drive Reach OTR Trucker Bundle | Drive Reach Marine Bundle
- 5GStore - Drive Reach | Drive Reach Fleet
- BestBuy - Drive Reach
- 5G Industry Update: Verizon's 5G Laptop, AT&T Unleashes DSS, T-Mobile Serves Cake, And More! Posted on: June 29, 2020
- weBoost Introduces New Drive Magnetic Exterior Antenna Posted on: June 17, 2020
- weBoost X RV Outside Antenna Available Separately - 4G OTR Antenna for RVs Posted on: April 28, 2020
- Industry Analysis: New Cellular Boosters Launched In 2019 Posted on: December 17, 2019
- weBoost Rebrands Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster to Drive X - and Lowers the Price Posted on: November 12, 2019
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about the complicated topic of signal enhancing and utilizing cellular boosters.