RV Mobile Internet Terms of Service ("Agreement")
This Agreement was last modified on July 6, 2014.
Please read these Terms of Service ("Agreement", "Terms of Service") carefully before using http://www.rvmobileinternet.com ("the Site") operated by Two Steps Beyond LLC ("us", "we", or "our"). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the site at http://www.rvmobileinternet.com.
By accessing or using the Site in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content or other materials to the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. Capitalized terms are defined in this Agreement.
In human language: Don't steal our stuff. That's just not cool. We love it if you SHARE our content with links back to our blog, but don't cut and paste our content and claim it as your own. If you'd like us to provide quality content written on these subjects for your publication, be in touch.
In legalese: The Site and its original content, features and functionality are owned by Two Steps Beyond LLC and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
We share a lot of our experience with mobile internet technology on this website. All are intended simply for informational purposes - not as specific advice. Use your own best common sense in choosing what is right for you, do your own research.
This is complex stuff, and there is no single simple answer. Technology is also rapidly changing. While we do our very best to keep on top of updates and report in a fair and unbiased way - we can make absolutely no guarantees that the information we've provided is completely accurate or timely.
Also, by us posting about a product or service that is available- we are not representing that company and are not a replacement for their customer service. If you have trouble utilizing something we've talked about, you should always contact that product's vendor or manufacturer for support. Sure, share back with us your experiences with the product so that others can learn too.
In human language: Don’t blame us if what we've shared doesn't work for you - we take no responsibilities for your actions, or how a product we use works (or doesn't work) for you.
In legalese: We shall not be liable for any damages arising in contract, tort, or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this Site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this Site or any such material.
Ads & Affiliate Links Disclosure
We keep this website because we've navigated this subject mater for years as we've figured out how to keep online while being fully mobile. To provide this level of information that we've learned, we do need to at least cover our time and costs to provide this resource.
Funding for this website comes from a variety of sources:
- Prefunding raised from our crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo
- Sales of our book(s) in 'The Mobile Internet Handbook' series
- Paid premium memberships into our Mobile Internet Aficionados
- Advertising from Google Adsense and select sponsors
- Occasional Affiliate Links
The Federal Trade Commission requires that we disclose any compensation relationship we have between a product manufacturer or service provider when we write about a product or service.
Here are the guidelines we operate under here:
- We are never accept financial payments from manufacturers or vendor for writing about a product. We invest our time to review and test products and write about them.
- We do have affiliate links for some products we mention, generally to Amazon LLC. If you purchase a product after clicking such a link, we do get a small kick back - it helps fund this site. You are welcome to opt of this by going directly to the vendors site. We do not create content specifically to have you use our affiliate links.
- Some manufacturers and vendors do provide us their products at no charge, or on loan, to us for testing. This helps us reduce our costs of providing you more comprehensive information about what works, and doesn't work - there's just no way we can afford to purchase all of the equipment ourself. We do NOT give favoritism to products provided for free to us, versus those we pay for ourselves. We do our best to disclose which products were given to us and by whom, and offer alternate sources for purchase.
Our promises to you, the reader:
- Will always report things as unbiased as is possible, from our experience of navigating the subject of this website - mobile internet.
- If we specifically recommend a product or service, it's from personal experience using that product.
- We try our best to report on as many of the options out there for mobile internet, regardless if we have used them ourselves. We will mention products we have not used, and report as much information as we know - from facts to other user accounts we know of.
Our goal is to build a resource center to help our fellow RVers keep online and connected, and offer our personal experience of navigating these roads. We combine that with our professional careers in technology to provide analysis of the options available, and the news presented.
Be Nice to Each Other
Please interact kindly with us and others. Negativity has no place here.
In human language:
Two primary rules here:
- Be Excellent to Each Other (Thank you Bill & Ted!)
- Don't be a dick (Thank you Will!)
We may terminate your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Links To Other Sites
In human language:
We link to other sites and products - but we have no control over their content. Use good web surfing protocols and your own best judgement.
Our Site may contain links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by us.
This Agreement (and any further rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Florida, United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
Changes To This Agreement
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms of Service by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
Please review this Agreement periodically for changes. If you do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us.