Support the Mobile Internet Resource Center
We're pleased to offer a ton of free guides & videos -
but we couldn't do it without support from our community.
We do not resell products, gear or plans.
We do not accept 3rd party advertising.
We are not sponsored.
Our goal is to be an unbiased informational and educational resource. We strive to maintain high journalistic standards and remain as unbiased as possible in our reporting, guidance and reviews.
The Mobile Internet Resource Center is run by RVers and Cruisers who depend on mobile internet for their livelihood, perhaps like yourself.
We've made tracking and educating about mobile internet our full time job - so that you can focus on what drives you.
Here's some of what we offer here on the resource center - much of it as a free resource to the community:
- We monitor multiple news sources and forums daily for news items in our industry, and analyze them specifically for how they might impact mobile folks to create our free news articles & video news stories.
- We create and keep updated in-depth guides and product information so that you always have the most updated information.
- We host our Mobile Internet Resource Center YouTube channel, including free stories and quick tips.
- We spend several hours a week providing free guidance in our public Internet for RVers & Cruisers group.
We are proud to be community funded.
It is through support of our premium members - our community - that we're able to create content and make this topic our focus.
In exchange, our members get additional resources and interactive guidance.
Become a Member
Most of our funding comes from memberships.
While we offer a bunch of helpful content for free, our members get even more - in-depth guides, classroom, our book, Q&A forums, webinars and product reviews.
We strive to keep our membership fees as low as possible and affordable with options starting at just $59/year.
Use our Links When Purchasing
While we are not dependent on affiliate sales (and not every purchase link is an affiliate) - using our links is a great way to say thanks.
The little extra ka-ching makes our hearts sing!
Sharing is Caring!
Our main marketing is word of mouth.
If you've found our content helpful, then likely others will too. Please do share links to our content and help your fellow nomads learn about their mobile internet options.
Share in groups & forums, share in your social media, share around the campfire. We super appreciate you helping us grow.
Leave a Thank You Tip
We understand a full membership isn't for everyone who might like to support our work.
Or that existing members may want to say an extra thank you.
We deeply appreciate your financial support.
Words of appreciation go a long way to keep our staff inspired - knowing we're helping you stay connected!
Please never hesitate to share your gratitude in comments or even writing us directly.
We don't like sites cluttered with advertising, and prefer to not to subject our readers to it either. You'll notice as you browse around, we have no 3rd party ads.
The only ads you'll see on our site are for our own products & services (which is how we get our funding to keep this site constantly updated).
And we of course will not accept any advertising or sponsorship dollars from any manufacturer, vendor or carrier.
For our reviews, we attempt to acquire a representative sample of the best gear for maintaining reliable mobile internet access so that we can provide hands on evaluations. Sometimes a manufacturer provides us an evaluation unit (this helps us keep our membership fees as low as possible), and sometimes we purchase the gear ourselves.
Our reviews are not swayed either way and we are clear with every manufacturer that we provide 100% honest reviews showcasing the pros and cons of their product. We will not accept any funding from a manufacturer for reviewing their products either. Some manufacturers are more receptive than others in hearing our honest feedback that can help them improve their products.
When we are done testing gear we received for evaluation, we first offer it back to the manufacturer. If they don't want it back, we offer it up to our premium members for a fair market value donation to a charity or cause of their choice. We do not consider evaluation gear to be part of our personal mobile internet setup (ie. we're not getting 'stuff for free in exchange for review'), and we do not resell it.
We prepare our most in-depth reviews for our members with complete editorial autonomy - we are accountable to our members first and foremost. They are who fund our many dozens of hours doing in-depth field testing and creating resources.
We strive to not be influenced by affiliate relationships. Our motivation is to be member funded and accountable to them.
However, affiliate sales do add to the funding that keeps this site running and are an industry standard.
Current Affiliate Programs We Participate In:
- Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. We feel because they carry a wide array of products and they are not specifically a mobile internet vendor, this does not sway our bias about a product or not.
- weBoost - weBoost is a manufacturer of mobile cellular boosters, and is obviously directly related to our content. We thought long and hard about accepting their invitations to become affiliates - and resisted for some time. However, before they even approached us, their products consistently earned our 'Top Pick' designation for analog cellular boosters - so we feel authentically feel our content is not biased by potential affiliate earnings.