HiBoost USA (a division of Asian manufacturer Huaptec) released a new mobile 4G/LTE cellular booster in November 2019 which is replacing the venerable Travel 4G LTE Booster that was originally released in late 2016.
The main new feature of the Travel 4G 2.0 is a Wi-Fi and BlueTooth module to allow monitoring via a mobile app called Signal Supervisor. The app gives signal condition readings in real-time, demonstrating that the booster is performing properly. A signal meter tool on the HiBoost Signal Supervisor app will help users find the best position for the outdoor antenna. You can also chat with the HiBoost technical support directly from the Signal Supervisor app for remote troubleshooting.
- Gain: 50dB
- Impedance: 50 Ohm
- # of Devices Boosted: Multiple
- LTE Bands Supported: 12 (17), 13, 5, 4, 2, 25
- Uplink Frequency Range: 698-716 / 776 – 787 / 824-849 / 1850-1915 / 1710-1755
- Downlink Frequency Range: 728-746 / 746 – 757 / 869-894 / 1930-1995 / 2110-2155
- Supported Standards: CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, EVDO, LTE
- Exterior Antenna:
- Vehicle Kit: Magnetic mount, cable length not yet known. SMA connector.
- RV Kit: RG58 cables connect to an antenna which closely resembles the 4G Omni
- Internal Antenna: Directional Patch antenna - likely the same as the previous model with 10' integrated cable and SMA connector.
- In Motion Usage: Yes
- Power Supply: 12v
- Booster Dimensions: 8.6 in × 6.5 in× 2 in
- Warranty: 3 Year
- List Price:
- Vehicle Kit: $399
- RV Kit: $449
Review & Testing Status
At present time, we do not intend to obtain a review unit as we just wrapped up extensive booster testing and it doesn't seem this new release offers any increase in performance over the HiBoost Travel 4G LTE Kit we have already reviewed.
Because we feel the technical specifications are similar enough, we are 'Featuring' this booster based on our review of the first version. It was a solid performer, but only with their RV OTR Antenna.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other booster options on the market worth comparing this model to - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
- Industry Analysis: New Cellular Boosters Launched In 2019 Posted on: December 17, 2019
- weBoost and HiBoost Release New OTR Trucker Cellular Antenna Kits Posted on: August 3, 2018
- 2016 RV Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2017 Posted on: January 6, 2017
- New Cellular Boosters: Smoothtalker Mobile RV X6 & HiBoost Travel 4G LTE Posted on: January 3, 2017
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about the complicated topic of signal enhancing and utilizing cellular boosters.