weBoost released their new Drive Magnetic Antenna in June 2020, designed for use on vehicles with a magnetic mount installation. It replaces the former classic 4" Mini Magnet Mount 'stubby' antenna included in many of their cellular booster kits.
The Drive Magnetic Antenna will replace the classic 4" Mini Magnet Mount antenna (which we affectionally have called 'the stubby') in some of weBoost's current vehicle booster kits - starting with both the Drive Reach and Drive Sleek kits immediately.
- Model: 311215, 311216
- # of Antennas: Single
- Direction: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 698-806 | 806-960 | 1710-1880 | 1900-2200 | 2200-2700 MHz
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Cable Type & Length: LMR100 - 10'
- 311215: SMB Plug Female
- 311216: SMA Female
- Internal Ground Plane: Unconfirmed, but likely no
- Dimensions: 3.39" x 1.96"
- Weight: 0.24 lbs
- Mounting: Magnet
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Frequency / Gain: 0.41 - 1.1 dBi
- Retail Price: $24.99
Review & Testing Status:
As of late July 2020, we have received the SMB version of the antenna. We will be integrating in some testing to give our members some head to head comparisons with the old antenna.
They can follow along here:
- Mobile Hotspot Signal Enhancing – MIMO: Netgear, Proxicast, MobileMark, Double Stubby vs weBoost Reach (Summer 2020)
Related News Articles & Videos:
- 5G Industry Update: Verizon's 5G Laptop, AT&T Unleashes DSS, T-Mobile Serves Cake, And More! Posted on: June 29, 2020
- weBoost Introduces New Drive Magnetic Exterior Antenna Posted on: June 17, 2020
- weBoost X RV Outside Antenna Available Separately - 4G OTR Antenna for RVs Posted on: April 28, 2020
- Industry Analysis: New Cellular Boosters Launched In 2019 Posted on: December 17, 2019
- weBoost Rebrands Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster to Drive X - and Lowers the Price Posted on: November 12, 2019
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular cellular antennas on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!