weBoost released their new Drive Magnetic Antenna in June 2020, designed for use on vehicles with a magnetic mount installation. It replaced the former classic 4" Mini Magnet Mount 'stubby' antenna included in many of their cellular booster kits.
The Drive Magnetic Antenna replaces the classic 4" Mini Magnet Mount antenna (which we affectionally have called 'the stubby') in some of weBoost's current vehicle booster kits - starting with both the Drive Reach and Drive Sleek kits.
- Model: 311215, 311216
- # of Antennas: Single
- Direction: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 698-806 | 806-960 | 1710-1880 | 1900-2200 | 2200-2700 MHz
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Cable Type & Length: LMR100 - 10'
- 311215: SMB Plug Female
- 311216: SMA Female
- Internal Ground Plane: Unconfirmed, but likely no
- Dimensions: 3.39" x 1.96"
- Weight: 0.24 lbs
- Mounting: Magnet
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Frequency / Gain: 0.41 - 1.1 dBi
- Retail Price: $24.99
Review & Testing Status:
In late July 2020, we received the SMB version of the antenna. We are integrating in some testing to give our members some head to head comparisons with the old antenna.
They can follow along here:
- Mobile Hotspot Signal Enhancing – MIMO: Netgear, Proxicast, MobileMark, Double Stubby vs weBoost Reach (Summer 2020)
- weBoost Drive Magnet Exterior Antenna (Cellular Booster Antenna)
Related News Articles & Videos:
- Product Release: weBoost Drive Reach RV & OTR Kits Finally Are Here! Posted on: November 11, 2020
- 5G Industry Update: Verizon's 5G Laptop, AT&T Unleashes DSS, T-Mobile Serves Cake, And More! Posted on: June 29, 2020
- weBoost Introduces New Drive Magnetic Exterior Antenna Posted on: June 17, 2020
- weBoost X RV Outside Antenna Available Separately - 4G OTR Antenna for RVs Posted on: April 28, 2020
- Industry Analysis: New Cellular Boosters Launched In 2019 Posted on: December 17, 2019
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular cellular antennas on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.