HiBoost USA (a division of Asian manufacturer Huaptec) brought the Travel 4G LTE Booster to market in late 2016. In mid 2018, they had a version of the 4G OTR antenna licensed from Antenna World for use with their booster.
Though the brand may not be widely recognizable, the HiBoost is more affordable than other similarly spec'd boosters.
We included the HiBoost in our early 2017 round of hands-on booster testing, and the HiBoost with OTR in our Spring and Fall 2018 rounds.
- Gain: 50dB
- Impedence: 50 Ohm
- # of Devices Boosted: Multiple
- LTE Bands Supported: 12 (17), 13, 5, 4, 2
- Uplink Frequency Range: 698-716 / 776 – 787 / 824-849 / 1850-1910 / 1710-1755
- Downlink Frequency Range: 728-746 / 746 – 757 / 869-894 / 1930-1990 / 2110-2155
- Supported Standards: CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, EVDO, LTE
- Exterior Antenna: Magnetic mount with 10' integrated cable, SMA end.
- Optional higher gain OTR antenna with 15' integrated cable
- Internal Antenna: Patch antenna with 10' integrated cable, SMA end.
- In Motion Usage: Yes
- Power Supply: 12v
- Booster Dimensions: 4.7" x 7.8" x 1.4"
- Warranty: 3 Year
- List Price: $349 | $428 w/ OTR Antenna
Included in this Review
Member Exclusive Content / Review:
- Thoughts & Analysis
- Hands on Testing Notes
- Short Cables Limit Placement
- Band Coverage Notes
- A Similarity with Uniden boosters?
- OTR Antenna Option
- OTR Performance Comparison with weBoost 4G-X and 4G-M
- Video Overview (March 2017)
Review & Testing Status
Huaptec USA sent us an evaluation unit of the Travel 4G LTE booster, which we compared head-to-head against its closest competitors in early 2017- including the weBoost Drive 4G-X, Max-Amp Mobile, and Smoothtalker.
In 2018 they sent us their new OTR antenna to test, which we did directly against the weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR and weBoost Drive 4G-M with OTR.
Members can access our raw field testing results here:
- Cellular Signal Field Testing – SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 | weBoost 4G-X OTR | weBoost 4G-M | HiBoost OTR | MIMO Antennas (3rd Quarter 2018)
- Cellular Signal Field Testing – SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 | weBoost Connect RV 65 | HiBoost OTR | MIMO Antennas (2nd Quarter 2018)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (2017)
While the HiBoost without the OTR antenna was of average performance, with the new OTR antenna we found several locations where it performed admirably making the combo a worthwhile alternative to the weBoost 4G-X OTR..
Our detailed hands-on review and analysis of the HiBoost is featured in our members-only section below, including a video overview focused on 'Optimizing Your Cellular Signal' showing all of the candidates in the early 2017 testing round in action head-to-head and our OTR antenna comparisons.
Here is our unboxing video of the HiBoost just after it arrived, along with a few initial first impressions::
Our deeper analysis and impressions are in our members-only section below.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other booster options on the market worth comparing this model to - here are our featured options:
Related News Articles:
- weBoost and HiBoost Release New OTR Trucker Cellular Antenna Kits Posted on: August 3, 2018
- 2016 RV Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2017 Posted on: January 6, 2017
- New Cellular Boosters: Smoothtalker Mobile RV X6 & HiBoost Travel 4G LTE Posted on: January 3, 2017
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
- SolidRF RV Pro Offers a Unique Take on Cellular Boosting Posted on: June 20, 2019
- weBoost Announces the Drive Reach - "Most Powerful In-Vehicle Cell Signal Booster Yet" Posted on: May 21, 2019
- 2018 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2019 Posted on: December 31, 2018
- weBoost Connect RV 65 Cellular Booster Kit: Aimed at Stationary RVers in Remote Locations Posted on: April 30, 2018
- New Cellular Boosters from SureCall: Fusion2Go 3.0 & FusionTrek Posted on: March 26, 2018
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about the complicated topic of signal enhancing and utilizing cellular boosters.