The classic 4" tall magnet mount mini antenna that comes bundled with most weBoost mobile boosters vehicle kits, is actually an overall relatively solid performer.
We lovingly refer to it as 'the stubby'.
The small unobtrusive size makes it easy to mount on magnetic surfaces. For non-metal surfaces (such as an RV's roof) a ground plane does need to be provided.
- Model: 301126
- # of Antennas: Single
- Direction: Omni-directional
- Frequency Range: 700-800 / 824-894 / 880-960 / 1710-1880 / 1850-1990 / 2110-2170 MHz
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Cable Type & Length: RG-174 / 12.5'
- Connector: SMA Male
- Internal Ground Plane: No
- Dimensions: 4.18" tall
- Weight: 2.5 ounces
- Mounting: Magnetic
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Frequency / Gain:
700-800 Mhz: 1.7 dBi
824 - 894 Mhz: 2.1 dBi
880 - 960 Mhz: 0.5 dBi
1710 - 1880 Mhz: 2.2 dBi
1850 - 1990 Mhz: 3.1 dBi
2110 - 2170 Mhz: 1.4 dBi
- Retail Price: $18.99
Review & Testing Status
We have tested this antenna in a variety of situations, both in use with a weBoost booster, and in various antenna-only configurations, including:
- Cellular Signal MIMO Antenna Field Testing (Spring 2019)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (2nd Quarter 2017)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (1st Quarter 2017)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Late 2016)
- Cellular Antenna Field Testing Results (Spring 2016)
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular cellular antennas on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!