The Teton was officially announced in September 2019. It went on sale for pre-order on October 1st 2019, and units are expected to ship the week of October 14th.
Though all Converge products have the same external plastic shell, under the hood they are all different.
In the case of the Teton - the core is the same 2.4GHz 802.11n medium range Wi-Fi radio and antenna array already found in the WiFiRanger Sky4 (a low end unit primarily made for RV manufacturers), but with "improved Wi-Fi chips and calibration" and an integrated GPS chip as well.
The Converge platforms are designed for flexibility and upgradeability - with the electronics inside the roof-mounted shell claimed to be easily upgradeable by swapping out the "circuitry tray" to enable future features, or to upgrade to a higher-end model down the road.
In other words - if your RV comes with a Converge Teton on the roof, you should be able to turn it into a high-end Converge Everest without needing to remove and replace the plastics shark fin shell on your RV roof.
Though the "Converge" product line was launched to bring HDTV, AM/FM, cellular, and Wi-Fi together into a single unit on an RV roof - the consumer version of the WiFiRanger Converge Teton does not have HDTV or AM/FM functionality built in.
However, the Teton versions being sold to RV manufacturers do offer the TV and radio antenna options, and upgrade modules will eventually be made available to add these features to the consumer Teton version for those interested.
The Converge Teton can be paired with one of WiFiRanger's indoor router systems (the Poplar, Aspen, Sequoia, or Spruce) if you desire - but an indoor router is not required. If you do add an indoor router, WiFiRanger's user interface allows the two units operate (relatively) seamlessly as one - with just a single unified control panel which lets you choose your upstream connections and manage your locally connected devices.
For an overview of the full WiFiRanger product line (and a look at some of the software features in common across different devices), see our gear center entry:
- Model Name: Converge Teton / Converge Teton LTE
- Router Specs:
- Cellular Modem Specs (Teton LTE):
- Dimensions: 9" Tall x 5.5" Wide x 7" Deep
- Power Source: 12V or 24V DC Power / AC Power Adapters a $5 Option
- Outdoor Rated: Yes - Connected Indoors via a 15' Tetherpoint Cable (Longer Cables Available)
- Retail Price: $129 (Teton), $199 (Teton LTE)
Review & Testing Status
We are slated to get a Converge Denali unit in for testing (the model one above the Teton) - and we will be covering the rest of the product line as each model comes out.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
The Converge Teton went on sale for pre-order on October 1st 2019, and units are expected to ship October 15th.
If you want to buy both indoor and outdoor units at once - you can buy the Teton LTE/ Poplar pack for $259.
Related News Center Articles
- UPDATED: WiFiRanger Releases "Converge" Details and Pricing - New Outdoor and Indoor Cellular Enabled Wi-Fi Routers Posted on: September 25, 2019
- WifiRanger Offers AT&T-Based Data Plans Posted on: July 31, 2019
- WiFiRanger Launches SkyPro3, Finalizes 7.0.8 Firmware Update Posted on: July 9, 2019
- ALERT: WiFiRanger Recalls Defective 12V-to-24V Power Supplies Posted on: May 1, 2019
- WiFiRanger Teases Upcoming 'Converge' That Combines Wi-Fi, LTE, AM/FM, HDTV, and GPS Posted on: March 5, 2019
- 2018 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2019 Posted on: December 31, 2018
- Looking Ahead: Will 2019 Be The Year of the Smart & Connected RV? Posted on: October 3, 2018
- WiFiRanger Announces Low-Cost MicroLTE Pack: Roof-Mounted Cellular & Wi-Fi Posted on: January 3, 2018
- 2017 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2018 Posted on: December 30, 2017
- Breaking News: Major Wi-Fi Security Vulnerability Revealed, Mobile Routers & Devices Impacted Posted on: October 16, 2017