This device has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing this device.
Despite being marketed specifically towards RVers, the weBoost RV 4G that first shipped in September 2015 is actually just a weBoost Home 4G residential cellular booster packaged with accessories to make it somewhat more appropriate for RV usage.
The 60dB gain of the RV 4G and Home 4G is above the legal 50dB limit for mobile boosters, but the directional panel antenna included in the kit is not conducive to operation while in motion, requiring setup and rough aiming at every new location.
This setup requirement is what potentially allows weBoost to get around the FCC guidelines against marketing "home" boosters for mobile use.
- Model: 470201
- Gain: 60dB
- Impedence: 75 / 50 Ohm
- # of Devices Boosted: Multiple
- LTE Bands Supported: 12 (17), 13, 5, 4, 2, 25
- Exterior Antenna: 75 Ohm Large Directional Panel Antenna / Suction Cup Mount
- Internal Antenna: Desktop Tower Antenna
- Wire Lengths: 30’ + 15’ White Low Loss RG6 Coax Cables
- Range of Interior Coverage: tbd
- In Motion Usage: No
- Power: 120v 50-60Hz
- Power Consumption: 8w
- Connectors: SMA-Female (inside antenna) | F-Female (outside antenna)
- Dimensions: 6.375" x 1.125" x 4.35"
- Warranty: 2 Year
- List Price: $460
- This product has been discontinued by weBoost. They now recommend either the Drive 4G-X for those who need support for mobility, or their new stronger Connect RV 65 kit.
Review & Testing Status
We've had the weBoost RV 4G in our testing arsenal since August 2015, and featured it in our 2015 Booster Analysis.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other booster options on the market worth comparing this model to - here are our featured options:
Related News Articles:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about the complicated topic of signal enhancing and utilizing cellular boosters.