This entry will focus on the vehicle booster kit.
- Model: Amazboost Vehicle Booster
- Gain: 45-50dBm
- Max Uplink Power: 26dBm
- Impedance: 50ohm
- # of Devices Boosted Simultaneously: Multiple
- LTE Bands Supported: 2/4/5/12/13/25
- Exterior Antenna: Varies by Kit
- Internal Antenna: Varies by Kit
- Range of Interior Coverage: Not specified
- In Motion Usage: Yes
- Power: 12V DC
- Connecters: Not specified
- Booster Dimensions: 7.16" x 6.1" x 1"
- Warranty: 1Year
- List Price: $199.99
News, Videos & Status
We do not have any plans to test this booster.
- weBoost Introduces Destination RV Cellular Booster Kit For Stationary RVers Posted on: March 31, 2021
- Product Release: weBoost Drive Reach RV & OTR Kits Finally Are Here! Posted on: November 11, 2020
- 5G Industry Update: Verizon's 5G Laptop, AT&T Unleashes DSS, T-Mobile Serves Cake, And More! Posted on: June 29, 2020
- Industry Analysis: New Cellular Boosters Launched In 2019 Posted on: December 17, 2019
- weBoost Rebrands Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster to Drive X - and Lowers the Price Posted on: November 12, 2019
Boosters are NOT the right choice for all applications.
They make the most sense for devices without antenna ports (like smartphones and tablets), or when in weak signal areas. However, for devices with antenna ports in mild to moderate signal areas - a direct-connected antenna can outperform a booster. And boosters can actually DECREASE data speeds in some conditions - never assume you need a booster on all the time - always test at each location!
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer). We request vendors give our members bigger discounts instead of giving us affiliate kickbacks.
Member Discounts - Learn & Save!
Our MIAs get special discounts from these vendors. Members please check for discount codes before ordering. Some vendors offer up to 10% off - you could save more than the cost of your membership on major purchases.
Because of a technology called MIMO (multiple in multiple out) that is essential to LTE and 5G data, often times the internal antennas on a smartphone or hotspot don't benefit from an amplified signal. Boosters also only cover a handful of the frequency bands the carries use for data.
But a booster can play a role in a mobile internet arsenal - as they excel during times when you are really far from a tower, or where upload speeds are important (such as video broadcasting).
For more on understanding boosters vs. MIMO - check out video:
For more on signal enhancing, including understanding boosters and the many forms they come in - follow up with our guides: