It is more powerful than the cradle style weBoost Drive Sleek with a full 50db of gain, and supports multiple devices connected on multiple networks at once. However while it has the same 50db Gain as the 4G-X, it has less uplink transmit power - which is most noticeable in upload data speed performance.
The 4G-M is encased in a hefty metal case, and comes with a DC power supply brick, a small magnetic roof antenna (that requires a ground plane if you don't have a metal roof), and an interior patch antenna with a long flexible cord to increase your placement options.
Note: Before Wilson Electronics re-branded as weBoost, the weBoost Drive 4G-M was known as the Wilson Mobile 4G. We've been told by weBoost that other than the change to the external case color, the new and old version are identical.
- Gain: 50dB
- # of Devices Boosted: 4
- LTE Bands Supported: 12 (17), 13, 5, 4, 2, 25
- Exterior Antenna: 4" Magnetic Mount - 15' Cable
- Internal Antenna: "Candy Bar" - 15' Cable
- Range of Interior Coverage: 6" - 4' max?
- In Motion Usage: Yes
- List Price: $379
Included in this Review
Member Exclusive Content / Review:
- Thoughts & Analysis
- weBoost Drive 4G-X compared to Drive 4G-M
- weBoost Booster Performance Comparison - RV-65, 4G-M, and 4G-X
- LTE Bands & Network Compatibility
- Wall Mounting Tips
- Insider Interview Series Video: weBoost & Cellular Boosters
Review & Testing Status
We've had the original Wilson Mobile 4G in our testing arsenal since it was originally released in the Summer of 2014, and we have extensive hands-on experience with it in a range of testing locations and featured it in our 2015 Booster Analysis.
Summary recap review: The 4G-M is a solid performing all around booster. For those who consider upload speeds to be critical, we do recommend paying the premium price for the 4G-X - as this is where the higher transmit power can shine. But if upload speeds are not a focus, the 4G-M is a solid choice.
We have brought the 4G-M back into active testing in 2018 for comparison to several new booster options on the market.
Members can access our raw field testing results here:
- Cellular Signal Field Testing – SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 | weBoost 4G-X OTR | weBoost 4G-M | HiBoost OTR | MIMO Antennas (3rd Quarter 2018)
- Cellular Signal Field Testing – SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 | weBoost Connect RV 65 | HiBoost OTR | MIMO Antennas (2nd Quarter 2018)
Related News Articles:
- weBoost and HiBoost Release New OTR Trucker Cellular Antenna Kits Posted on: August 3, 2018
- weBoost Connect RV 65 Cellular Booster Kit: Aimed at Stationary RVers in Remote Locations Posted on: April 30, 2018
- The New weBoost 4G Slim - A Better Indoor Antenna for 4G-X and 4G-M Cellular Boosters? Posted on: March 1, 2018
- 2017 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2018 Posted on: December 30, 2017
- weBoost Introduces Substantially Sleeker "Drive Sleek" Cellular Booster Posted on: September 25, 2017
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Special Mobile Internet Resource Center Savings
10% off direct with weBoost
Sign up for weBoost's Newsletter
and save 10% on any booster purchase over $100.
Direct from weBoost: Drive 4G-M
Deal Alert: The Wilson Electronics Mobile 4G is the older version of this booster but in a blue case (otherwise electronically identical), and it is still occasionally found for sale at a substantial discount.
Note, the 4G-M comes standard with a 6v power supply that plugs in to a DC socket (ie. auto / cigarette lighter style). If you won't have a DC socket available and prefer to run this off of 110 AC power, you will also need to obtain a certified AC/DC power supply.
weBoost Drive 4G-M Ratings
The weBoost Drive 4G-M is a solidly performing and well-proven booster that supports all the key LTE bands and carriers, and can handle multiple devices at once. If upload speeds while in remote areas are not a prime focus, this is a great choice.