Spectrum Mobile is available to all Spectrum home internet subscribers, meaning you have to be a customer for their home internet service in order to sign up. So if you do not have Spectrum cable service available in your stationary neighborhood, this service is not available to you.
However, if you cancel Spectrum home internet service in the future, you can keep the Spectrum Mobile lines, with some limitations:
- Each line will be charged an additional $20/month access fee.
- Speeds when using Spectrum W-iFi hotspots will be limited to 5Mbps.
- You can change your plan, but you won't be able to add additional lines.
Customers are able to bring a qualifying device to use on Spectrum Mobile - if the phone is compatible for use on the Verizon network and is an Apple or Samsung device.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not keep a Spectrum Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
Policies & Perks
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon
- Carrier Relation: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Phone
- Device Purchase Required: No
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Mobile hotspot use is permitted. For the unlimited plan, it's restricted to 5GB of high-speed data, then unlimited at 600kbps.
- Throttling: Full speed except for video (throttled to 480p).
- Network Management: At20GB
- International Roaming: Users will be charged international roaming rates for talk, text, and data based upon the country.
- Domestic Roaming: None - use is limited to native Verizon towers (not domestic partners and Spectrum's Wi-Fi hotspot network.
- Plan Period:
- Data Roll Over: Base data allotment for the by-the-gig plan does not roll-over.
- Overage Charges: None. If you are not on the unlimited plan, data is $14/GB. Customers can switch to Unlimited mid-month.
- Streaming: Video throttled to 480p. No free streaming services included.
- Unlimited: The 'Unlimited' plan is full speed with 5GB of high-speed mobile hotspot use a month.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.