Spectrum Mobile is available to all Spectrum home internet subscribers, meaning you have to be a customer for their home internet service in order to sign up. So if you do not have Spectrum cable service available in your stationary neighborhood, this service is not available to you.
However, if you cancel Spectrum home internet service in the future, you can keep the Spectrum Mobile lines, with some limitations:
- Each line will be charged an additional $20/month access fee.
- Speeds when using Spectrum W-iFi hotspots will be limited to 5Mbps.
- You can change your plan, but you won't be able to add additional lines.
Customers are able to bring a qualifying device to use on Spectrum Mobile - if the phone is compatible for use on the Verizon network and is an Apple or Samsung device.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not keep a Spectrum Mobile plan in our testing arsenal.
Policies & Perks
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon
- Carrier Relation: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Phone
- Device Purchase Required: No
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Mobile hotspot use is permitted. For the unlimited plan, it's restricted to 5GB of high-speed data, then unlimited at 600kbps. Mobile Hotspot usage counts towards 20GB plan cap.
- Throttling: Full speed up to 20GB, then reduced to unspecified speed.
- Network Management: Unknown
- International Roaming: Users will be charged international roaming rates for talk, text, and data based upon the country.
- Domestic Roaming: None - use is limited to native Verizon towers (not domestic partners) and Spectrum's Wi-Fi hotspot network.
- Plan Period: Monthly
- Data Roll Over: Base data allotment for the by-the-gig plan does not roll-over.
- Overage Charges: None. If you are not on the unlimited plan, data is $14/GB. Customers can switch to Unlimited mid-month.
- Streaming: Video throttled to 480p. No free streaming services included.
- Unlimited: The 'Unlimited' plan is full speed up to 20GB, with 5GB of high-speed mobile hotspot use a month.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.