Spectrum Mobile is available only to Spectrum home internet subscribers. If you cancel Spectrum home internet service in the future, you can keep the Spectrum Mobile lines, with some limitations:
- Each line will be charged an additional $20/month access fee.
- Speeds when using Spectrum W-iFi hotspots will be limited to 5Mbps.
- You can change your plan, but you won't be able to add additional lines.
Currently Available Plans:
- Unlimited Plus (30GB at high-speed on device, 5GB high-speed mobile hotspot) - $55/month
- Unlimited (20GB at high-speed on device, 5GB high-speed mobile hotspot) - $45/month
- By the Gig - $14/GB
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon
- Carrier Relationship: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Phone
- Unlimited: Yes, but speeds (may be) reduced after 20GB or 30GB on device
- High-Speed Mobile Hotspot Use: Speed reduced to 600kb after 5GB per billing cycle. Mobile hotspot data usage counts towards data usage.
- Unlimited Plus: After 30 GB/line, speeds are reduced to 1Mbps down/512Kbps up
- Unlimited: After 20 GB/line, speeds are reduced to 1Mbps down/512Kbps up
- By the Gig: After 5 GB/line, speeds are reduced to 256Kbps up/down
- Network Management:
- Unlimited Plus: After 30 GB/line
- Unlimited: After 20 GB/line
- By the Gig: After 5 GB/line
- Video Streaming Resolution:
- 480p on 'Unlimited' and By the Gig plans, HD on 'Unlimited Plus'
- 5G Access: Yes, where available and with a compatible device
- Device Purchase Required: No
- Plan Period: Monthly
- International Roaming: Users will be charged international roaming rates for talk, text, and data based upon the country.
- Domestic Roaming: None - use is limited to native Verizon towers (not domestic partners) and Spectrum's Wi-Fi hotspot network.
- Data Roll Over: Base data allotment for the by-the-gig plan does not roll-over.
- Overage Charges: None. If you are not on the unlimited plan, data is $14/GB. Customers can switch to Unlimited mid-month.
- Lines Permitted per Account: 5
- Extras: None
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
Related News & Videos
- Spectrum Launches Mobile Service for Home Internet Customers Posted on: July 2, 2018
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.