Cricket offers both unlimited and capped data plans for phones, and capped data plans for data-only devices. Phone plans are not permitted for use in data-only devices (hotspots).
Cricket offers an entry-level hotspot device for their data-only plans, or plans can be activated on most AT&T compatible bring your own devices.
Currently Available Plans:
- Simply Data - Data Only Plans **TOP PICK**
- 100GB - $90
- 40GB - $50
- 20GB - $35
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T
- Carrier Relationship: Prepaid Carrier Subsidiary
- Plan Types Available: Phone, Data Only
- Device Types Permitted: Phone, Hotspot, Routers
- Unlimited: Yes, on two Phone Plans
- High-Speed Mobile Hotspot Use:
- $60 Unlimited Plan: 15GB
- Simply Data Plans: All data
- Network Management:
- Unlimited Plans: Always
- 10GB/2GB Phone Plans and Data Only Plans: No
- Streaming: 480p
- 5G Access: Yes, as of August 21, 2020 on $60 unlimited plan and Simple Data plans
- Device Purchase Required: No
- Plan Period: 30 days
- International Roaming: Yes in Canada & Mexico. Calls, texts, or data usage while in Canada cannot exceed 50% of the total usage during a 3 month period. If you use data services on wireless carrier networks other than AT&T Mexico while in Mexico, your data usage may be reduced to 2G speeds.
- Domestic Roaming: None
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None
- Tiered smartphone plans: Extra high speed data can be added for $10 / 1GB
- Simply Data plans: Extra data can be added for $5 / 5GB or $10 / 15GB as needed
- Lines permitted per account: 9
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
Related News & Videos:
- Cricket Wireless Introduces 100GB Simply Data Plan for $90/mo for Hotspots & Routers AND Adds 5G Access to Some Plans Posted on: August 21, 2020
- Cricket Wireless Announces Plan Changes and a Launch Date for 5G Network Posted on: July 28, 2020
- New Moxee Mobile Hotspot Released - Available for AT&T Business and Cricket Wireless Posted on: June 19, 2020
- Cricket Wireless and Simple Mobile Now Available for Purchase through Amazon Prime Posted on: May 15, 2020
- Cricket Wireless Data Only Plans: 40GB/$50 or 20GB/$35 with Canada/Mexico Use Posted on: February 17, 2020
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.