Verizon introduced a new line of business unlimited plans in October 2020.
Verizon's new business plans include plans for smartphones, as well as add-on plans for tablets, data devices, and smartwathces. While all of the plans offer unlimited on-device data, the plans are differentiated by network management thresholds, mobile hotspot data buckets and speeds, and 5G access.
Lines can be mixed-and-matched on a single account, and each line has its own 'unlimited' data allowances. Accounts can have as little as one line, with no upper limit of lines noted. In order to add a Jetpack or tablet to an account, there must be at least one Start, Plus, or Pro phone line on the account.
In order to qualify for a Verizon Business Plan, you must be able to provide a tax ID number and a credit check will be run on the business owner. While eligibility requirements are not publicly posted on Verizon's website, after multiple chat sessions with Verizon business reps, we were able to confirm that Verizon will run a credit check.
Currently Available Plans
- Business Unlimited Start - $70/month
- Business Unlimited Plus - $80/month
- Business Unlimited Pro - $95/month
Additional Device Add-on Plans
- Business Unlimited Start Tablet - $40/month
- Business Unlimited Pro Tablet - $60/month
- Business Unlimited Data Device - $45/month
- Business Unlimited Smartwatch - $10/month
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon
- Carrier Relationship: Direct
- Plan Types Available: Smartphone, Tablet, Data Device, Smartwatch
- Device Types Permitted: Plan dependent
- Unlimited: Yes
- High-Speed Mobile Hotspot Use:
- Start and Start Tablet- No mobile hotspot data
- Plus - 30GB of high speed mobile hotspot use, then 600kbps
- Pro - 60GB of high speed mobile hotspot use, then 600kbps
- Pro Tablet/Data Device- 15GB of high speed mobile hotspot use, then 600kbps
- Throttling: No
- Network Management:
- Start and Start Tablet - Yes, always
- Plus - Yes, after 60GB
- Pro - Yes, after 120GB
- Pro Tablet/Data Device - Yes, after 22GB
- Smartwatch - Yes, after 15GB
- Video Streaming Resolution:
- Start and Start Tablet - 480p
- Plus/Pro - 720p, if activated
- Pro Tablet/Data Device - 1080p
- 5G Access:
- Start and Start Tablet - 5G Nationwide
- Plus/Pro and Pro Tablet - 5G Nationwide and 5G Ultra Wideband
- Data Device - 5G Nationwide
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device
- Plan Period: 30 days
- International Roaming: Yes, reduced to 2G speeds after 500MB/day
- Domestic Roaming: Yes, at 2G speeds
- Data Roll Over: No
- Overage Charges: No
- Lines Permitted Per Account: Unlimited
Verizon Business also now offers Flexible Business Plans (up to 10GB), International Business Plans, and Machine to Machine Plans.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
Related News & Videos
- Verizon Launches Three New Business Plans with Tablet and Data Device Plan Add-On Options Posted on: October 30, 2020
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.