The Family Motorcoach Association makes available data plans as they can to their members through their Tech Connect+ optional add on monthly membership.
This plan is only available to FMCA members, which is open to all RV owners.
Plan options do change over time, and they have made several shifts over the years between the carriers.
FMCA Tech Connect+ Plan Information
As of June 7, 2022, the FMCA is offering an AT&T based unlimited plan as part of the FMCA Tech Connect+ package, which also includes discounts on various technology items. Previously, the included plan was on T-Mobile.
Top Pick Data Plan Notes:
We are granting the new AT&T data plan option a top pick status, but with hesitancy since it is so new. It remains to be seen if this plan lasts long term or lives up to its promise.
June 28, 2022 Update:
As of June 27, FMCA has confirmed that this plan has a 12 Mbps speed cap.
- The AT&T plan offers truly unlimited high-speed data but is subject to deprioritization after 75GB.
- All fees on this plan are paid directly to the FMCA as part of their Tech Connect+ membership. The plan is administered directly by the FMCA, not the carrier.
- This is a no-contract rental plan. The plan is month-to-month and can be canceled at any time. You can also suspend service for $13.99/month, but only for 60-days at a time.
- To be eligible you must have at least 1 year remaining on an FMCA membership and maintain FMCA membership as long as you have the plan.
- To use the plan, you rent a mobile hotspot for a one-time fee of $39.99, regardless of how long you keep the plan. The hotspot must be returned within 15 days if the plan is canceled. Failure to return the hotspot results in a $200 administrative fee. There is no option to bring your own device, however, the SIM can be moved to a different device.
Currently Available Plan
- Unlimited - $59.99/month, plus a one-time $39.99 rental fee for the hotspot
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T
- Carrier Relationship: 3rd Party
- Plan Types Available: Hotspot
- Device Types Permitted: Hotspot device "rental" required, SIM can be used in other compatible devices (One-time rental fee, plus additional fee if device is not returned after plan cancellation)
- Unlimited: Yes
- High-Speed Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes - all
- Throttling: None stated in plan description, however FMCA has confirmed a 12 Mbps speed cap.
- Network Management: After 75GB
- Video Streaming Resolution: Unconfirmed
- 5G Access: Yes, in 5G devices
- Device Purchase Required: Yes (rental)
- Plan Period: Monthly
- International Roaming: None
- Domestic Roaming: 300MB a month of domestic roaming
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None
- Lines permitted per account: 3
News, Videos & Status
- FMCA Confirms 12Mbps Limit on AT&T Based Tech Connect+ Data Plan Posted on: June 28, 2022
- FMCA Tech Connect+ Data Plan Transitioning from T-Mobile to AT&T - $59.99/mo Unlimited Hotspot Posted on: June 7, 2022
- FMCA Begins Transition to T-Mobile Hotspots for Existing Members Posted on: February 15, 2022
- Sprint Based Reseller Plans Now Shipping with T-Mobile SIMs - Including FMCA TechConnect+, Calyx Institute, Other Non-Profits Posted on: November 29, 2021
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer). We request vendors give our members bigger discounts instead of giving us affiliate kickbacks.
Member Discounts - Learn & Save!
Our MIAs get special discounts from these vendors. Members please check for discount codes before ordering. Some vendors offer up to 10% off - you could save more than the cost of your membership on major purchases.
Getting the Plan
You must be a current FMCA member. Call Member Services at (800) 543-3622 or online at FMCA.com.
Shopping for Cellular Data Plans
Finding the right plans for your needs is no easy task - quite simply mobile travelers using cellular data as their primary way online is not how most carriers have designed their plans. Many of us want plans that provide copious amounts of data.
Here's our video going over ways to get LOTS of data for use in your travels:
But a data plan alone will not keep you online. You also need the right gear, signal enhancing strategy and planning your travels around the options you carry with you. Head on over to our collection of guides:
Top Data Plan Picks
Our constantly updated list of the BEST data plans.
Which Carrier is Best?
Is Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or Dish best for your travels?
Selecting Data Plans
Our deep dive into understanding data plans and shopping for them.
Data Plan Pricing Grid
Our always updated spreadsheet comparing all data plans suitable for mobile internet.
Getting LOTS of the Data
Learn how to get lots of cellular data in your mobile internet arsenal.