The Family Motorcoach Association offers two data plans to their members that may be of interest to RVers. One is on Verizon and one is on Sprint.
This guide focuses on the Sprint based data plan offered by FMCA. **TOP PICK**
This plan is only available to FMCA members.
Sprint FMCA TechConnect+ Plan
The Sprint plan is offered as part of the FMCA Tech Connect+ package, which includes discounts to various technology items paired with an unlimited Sprint data plan.
- The Sprint plan offers truly unlimited high-speed data, but is always subject to network management.
- All fees on this plan are paid directly to the FMCA as part of their Tech Connect+ membership. The plan is administered directly by the FMCA, not Sprint.
- This is a no contract plan. The plan is month-to-month and can be cancelled at anytime. To be eligible you must have at least 1 year remaining on a FMCA membership.
- To use the plan, you rent a mobile hotspot for a one-time fee of $39.99, regardless of how long you keep the plan. The hotspot must be returned within 15 days if the plan is cancelled. Failure to return the hotspot results in a $200 administrative fee. There is no option to bring your own device and the SIM cannot be used in another device. Luckily, the device tends to be whatever is the current flagship hotspot device.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not keep an FMCA Tech Connect+ plan in our arsenal.
Policies & Perks
- Carrier Networks Used: Sprint
- Carrier Relation: Reseller
- Price: $49.99/month, plus a one-time $39.99 rental fee for the hotspot. All fees will be paid directly to the FMCA as part of their Tech Connect+ membership, and the plan is administered directly by the FMCA, not Sprint.
- Plan Types Available: Hotspot
- Device Types Permitted: Hotspot
- Device Purchase Required: Yes
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes - all
- Throttling: No
- Network Management: Always
- International Roaming: None
- Domestic Roaming: 300MB a month of domestic roaming
- Plan Period: Month to month
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None - unless you don't return the device - then $200
- Streaming: Video streaming is capped at 480p resolution.
- Unlimited: Yes
- Lines permitted per account: 1
Video version of this story:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Getting the Plan
You must be a current FMCA member. Call Member Services at (800) 543-3622 or online at FMCA.com.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.