- FMCA now has a T-Mobile option in its Tech Connect+ lineup of data plans, called Tech Connect+ MAX.
- The Tech Connect+ MAX data plan has unlimited data for $59.99/month. The plan can be BYOD (bring your own device), or you can rent a flagship mobile hotspot for $39.99.
- Along with the data plan, there is also a basic BYOD smartphone plan with 5GB of mobile hotspot data for $19.99/month.
The Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) is a membership organization open to all RV owners that offers many benefits to their members, including access to data plans they offer. The FMCA has just added a T-Mobile data option to their lineup of Tech Connect+ data plans. This rounds out their offerings, which also currently include data plans on the AT&T and Verizon networks.
Table of Contents
New Tech Connect+ MAX Plans
The FMCA offers data plans to its members under the TechConnect+ name. Their plans are only available to FMCA members with at least 11 months of membership remaining. An active member with less than that will need to renew, which is $50/year.
The new Tech Connect+ MAX plans run on the T-Mobile network, and are now available - an e-mail went out late last week announcing the plans to current members. The FMCA also offers their Tech Connect+ plan on AT&T, and Tech Connect+ Accelerate plan on Verizon (click to view details of all FMCAs data plans).
Tech Connect+ MAX actually has multiple options - a data plan with or without an included mobile hotspot device, and a smartphone plan. The AT&T and Verizon options only offer data plans.
All of their plans are on a month-to-month basis with no contracts, and can be suspended for a few months a year when not needed for a lower monthly cost.
T-Mobile Data Plan Details
The T-Mobile-based data plan is $59.99/month, comes with unlimited data (reportedly capped at 380 Mbps), and is subject to deprioritization after 100GB of use.
You can bring your own device, which can be any T-Mobile-compatible hotspot or router. The FMCA will provide an activated SIM card.
Or you can rent the Inseego MIFI Pro X 5G hotspot, a current flagship device, for a one-time fee of $39.99. If you choose to unenroll or cancel, you must return the device to FMCA. The one-time rental fee is not refundable. If using their mobile hotspot rental option, the FMCA FAQ says you can use the SIM in another device, but you need to contact the FMCA first.
The phone plan is $19.99/month, has unlimited on-device data, 5GB of hotspot data, no speed caps, and is subject to deprioritization after 50GB of use.
One nice feature that the MAX/T-Mobile plans have is Canada and Mexico roaming, which is unusual for this type of plan.
The data plan comes with 5GB of high-speed Canada/Mexico data per month, and the phone plan comes with unlimited Canada/Mexico data but only at 2G speeds.
The FMCA plans on Verizon and AT&T do not have this option - they are for use in the US only.
FMCA Tech Connect+ Plan Options
Here's a chart from FMCA's website that shows both the new MAX plans and the other currently available Tech Connect+ options.
How does this new plan compare to our other Top Pick choices for T-Mobile?
- T-Mobile Home Internet (TMHI) - $60/mo - One of the most popular T-Mobile Top Pick options is the Home Internet, which also provides unlimited data. The cost for Home Internet is comparable, at $60/month, after the price increase T-Mobile implemented last week. But you must use the provided gateway- you can not use your own device.
- Additionally, T-Mobile Home Internet service is not available everywhere, and technically, it is for fixed locations only in the US. Even though T-Mobile is not currently enforcing the mobile restriction, they could choose to do so at any time.
- T-Mobile Business Internet - Unlimited - $60/mo - If you go through the business department, T-Mobile offers an almost identical plan to TMHI. This plan is probably the most similar to the FMCA offering at $60/month that you can use on your own device. However, the data on this plan is always subject to deprioritization, whereas the FMCA plans come with 100GB of priority data. Also, you'll need to go through the steps to set up a business plan with T-Mobile to sign up for this plan.
- T-Mobile Non Profit Providers - Some non-profits can include data plans with T-Mobile to their members. A popular option available to all is the Calyx Institute, which offers annual memberships that include unlimited data in a provided mobile hotspot device that must be used with the plan. The monthly costs come out to $41-63/month, depending on the options selected.
- T-Mobile Mobile Internet - $50/mo - Officially authorized for mobile use, these plans offer 50 or 100GB of high-speed data for $50/mo. Unlike the above options, this plan does include some use in Canada & Mexico.
Compared to the above options, the FMCA T-Mobile offers a good value with some unique features, so we are giving it our Top Pick designation.
- Gear Center: FMCA Tech Connect+ Data Plans
- Gear Center: Postpaid Plans by T-Mobile
- Guide: The Best Cellular Data Plans for RVers & Cruisers
- Guide: Which Cellular Carrier is Best for RV or Boat Mobile Internet?
- FMCA Releases T-Mobile Tech Connect+ MAX Cellular Plans - Unlimited Mobile Hotspot Data for $59.99/mo Posted on: January 22, 2024
- T-Mobile Home and Business Internet Plans Price Increase to $60/Month, Changes Price Lock Terms Posted on: January 18, 2024
- AT&T Updates Postpaid Smartphone Plan Lineup, Increasing Prices and Mobile Hotspot Allotments Posted on: January 12, 2024
- T-Mobile Home Internet Adds Sercomm 5G Router With Antenna Ports And An Optional External Antenna Posted on: November 2, 2023
- AT&T Business Revamps Smartphone Plan Lineup - Including New Unlimited Premium Plan with 200GB Hotspot Data Posted on: September 19, 2023