It is great to see a major carrier offering a truly unlimited data plan specifically targeting the RV market!
These plans are ONLY available with specific equipment purchased and installed on RVs, and are restricted to use only in that equipment.
At present time, these plans are available with:
Other compatible devices are expected to be launched in the future.
Cellular Plan Options
The "Unlimited Adventure" plan from AT&T will allow unlimited and unthrottled hotspot data for a full year for just $360 ($30/month - but paid all upfront).
Or you can purchase data as needed in smaller chunks - 5GB at a time for $25 with the 'Weekend Adventure' Package.
The plan is considered a prepaid plan but is run by AT&T's Connect Car department.
For the annual data plan, keep in mind that the plan cannot be transferred if the RV is sold and there is no pro-rated refund, except for residents of some states.
Unlimited Adventure Plan Details and Policies
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T
- Carrier Relation: Prepaid Direct
- Plan Types Available: Data Only
- Device Types Permitted: Togo Roadlink C2, Airstream Connected Kit
- Device Purchase Required: Yes
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes
- Throttling: None
- Network Management: After 22GB/mo, only during active congestion.
- International Roaming: US use only, no international roaming allowed.
- Domestic Roaming: 100MB/month. Speed may be restricted to 2G. Going over the roaming allowance may result in termination.
- Plan Period: Yearly (unlimited plan) or monthly (5GB plan)
- Overage Charges: None
- Streaming: Video streaming allowed, with no mention of video resolution throttling. No free streaming services included (ie. DirecTV).
- Unlimited: Yes - requires prepaying for a year of service for $360.
- Lines permitted per account: 1
- Device Lock/Unlock Policy: Plan cannot be transferred if the RV is sold and there is no pro-rated refund if you cancel early, except for residents of some states where this is legally required.
- Airstream Connected Kit and $360/year Adventure Unlimited Data Plan - Now Available to all Airstream Owners Posted on: February 22, 2019
- Looking Ahead: Will 2019 Be The Year of the Smart & Connected RV? Posted on: October 3, 2018
- AT&T and Airstream Rolling Out Unlimited & Unthrottled Mobile Hotspot Plan - With A Catch! Posted on: August 29, 2018
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
First, you must either have the Airstream Connected Kit installed at an Airstream dealer, or purchase the Togo Roadlink 2.
You can then activate the plan direct with AT&T:
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.