weBoost has at long last made their RV version of the 4G OTR Antenna available a la carte, and has branded it as the Drive X RV Outside Antenna.
The 4G OTR antenna was designed for Over the Road semi-trucks, and has a minimum height of 17". While a top performing antenna in our testing, this made installation on RVs a challenge.
The newer RV version is the same exact antenna (the antenna is the black 'beer can' part) and with a shorter stalk has a minimum height of 9.5". Giving a lot more flexibility for installation without risking clearance issues with low bridges or trees.
However, the new antenna form factor was originally only available kitted with the Drive X - leaving out the option for existing weBoost customers to upgrade. But is now available for sale a la carte as the X RV Outside Antenna.
To date, weBoost still only offers a vehicle kit with a 4" stubby antenna, or a fleet antenna with the Reach - despite having eluded to an RV antenna option sometime in 2020.
weBoost certifies all of their antennas to be used with any of their boosters as per FCC regulations, and the 4G OTR / X RV antenna continues to be a top choice in our testing with the Drive M, X, Sleek or Reach.
However, to use the Reach or Sleek with this antenna, a SMA to SMB adapter (weBoost part: 970030) is required. And for those wanting to use the X RV or 4G OTR Antenna with the weBoost Reach, will have to continue to purchase the antenna separately - adding to the cost.
weBoost News Stories:
- weBoost Introduces Destination RV Cellular Booster Kit For Stationary RVers Posted on: March 31, 2021
- KING Extend Pro & Extend Go Cellular Booster Kits Released - Based on weBoost Drive Reach Posted on: February 11, 2021
- Product Release: weBoost Drive Reach RV & OTR Kits Finally Are Here! Posted on: November 11, 2020
- 5G Industry Update: Verizon's 5G Laptop, AT&T Unleashes DSS, T-Mobile Serves Cake, And More! Posted on: June 29, 2020
- weBoost Introduces New Drive Magnetic Exterior Antenna Posted on: June 17, 2020