- New hotspot device currently available for AT&T Business and Cricket Wireless customers
The Moxee Mobile Hotspot was recently released for both AT&T Small Business and Cricket Wireless (AT&T's prepaid brand) consumer customers.
The Moxee is a basic hotspot device, with a low-end Category-4 modem and support for both 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi. The device is lacking some critical features for mobile internet road warriors - such as antenna ports for additional signal enhancing options and support for Band 14.
This new device seems to replace the former Unite Express 2 / Turbo as the entry level hotspot choice, but is a pretty significant downgrade from a Category-13 modem.
Cricket Wireless customers can purchase the device for $79.99 for use with one of their data only plans available for $35/month for 20GB of data, or $50/month for 40GB of data (one of our Top Pick Plans).
For AT&T Small Business customers, the Moxee is available as part of a "Grab-N-Combo" bundle with the Mobile Share Plus for Business 3GB Plan. It must be purchased on a 30-month payment plan for $2.84/month.
We anticipate this device may also become available for consumer AT&T plans as well.
Moxee's own mission statement pretty much says it all:
At Moxee, we believe that the value of technology isn’t measured by features, or spec sheets, but by its impact on the people who use it.
Here at the Mobile Internet Resource Center, we measure the value of technology by features and spec sheets. And their seeming lack of these things makes this hotspot device an easy pass for better options out there - such as the higher end Netgear Nighthawk, or rumored MiFi 8000 coming to AT&T's network soon.
Related News Stories
- Verizon, T-Mobile & AT&T Fixed Home Cellular Service - A Growing Wireless Market That is Not Mobile-Friendly Posted on: October 12, 2020
- AT&T "Unlimited Your Way" Adds Mix-And-Match to Smartphone Plans, While Making Tablets Less Appealing Posted on: September 25, 2020
- First AT&T 5G Mobile Hotspot Available for Consumers - Netgear Nighthawk 5G Mobile Hotspot Pro Posted on: September 16, 2020
- 5G Cellular: Verizon & Dish Are Big Winners In CBRS Spectrum Auction, C-Band Auction Looms Posted on: September 14, 2020
- Where To Go when Togo Plans Go - “AT&T Unlimited Adventure Plan” Replacement Ideas Posted on: September 1, 2020