- New hotspot device currently available for AT&T Business and Cricket Wireless customers
The Moxee Mobile Hotspot was recently released for both AT&T Small Business and Cricket Wireless (AT&T's prepaid brand) consumer customers.
The Moxee is a basic hotspot device, with a low-end Category-4 modem and support for both 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi. The device is lacking some critical features for mobile internet road warriors - such as antenna ports for additional signal enhancing options and support for Band 14.
This new device seems to replace the former Unite Express 2 / Turbo as the entry level hotspot choice, but is a pretty significant downgrade from a Category-13 modem.
Cricket Wireless customers can purchase the device for $79.99 for use with one of their data only plans available for $35/month for 20GB of data, or $50/month for 40GB of data (one of our Top Pick Plans).
For AT&T Small Business customers, the Moxee is available as part of a "Grab-N-Combo" bundle with the Mobile Share Plus for Business 3GB Plan. It must be purchased on a 30-month payment plan for $2.84/month.
We anticipate this device may also become available for consumer AT&T plans as well.
Moxee's own mission statement pretty much says it all:
At Moxee, we believe that the value of technology isn’t measured by features, or spec sheets, but by its impact on the people who use it.
Here at the Mobile Internet Resource Center, we measure the value of technology by features and spec sheets. And their seeming lack of these things makes this hotspot device an easy pass for better options out there - such as the higher end Netgear Nighthawk, or rumored MiFi 8000 coming to AT&T's network soon.
Related News Stories
- AT&T Tablet Add-Ons: Mobile Hotspot Data and HD Streaming Now Included Posted on: September 17, 2021
- Cricket Adds Ad-Tier HBO Max to $60 Unlimited Plan Posted on: August 19, 2021
- Business Internet Tiered Speed Plans from Verizon and AT&T - Are They RV & Boater Suitable? Posted on: August 11, 2021
- FCC Publishes New Cellular Carrier LTE Coverage Map Posted on: August 10, 2021
- AT&T Brings Back Hotspot Line Add-Ons (With Overage Fees!) - 15GB for $25, then $10 per 2GB Posted on: July 15, 2021