- New hotspot device currently available for AT&T Business and Cricket Wireless customers
The Moxee Mobile Hotspot was recently released for both AT&T Small Business and Cricket Wireless (AT&T's prepaid brand) consumer customers.
The Moxee is a basic hotspot device, with a low-end Category-4 modem and support for both 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi. The device is lacking some critical features for mobile internet road warriors - such as antenna ports for additional signal enhancing options and support for Band 14.
This new device seems to replace the former Unite Express 2 / Turbo as the entry level hotspot choice, but is a pretty significant downgrade from a Category-13 modem.
Cricket Wireless customers can purchase the device for $79.99 for use with one of their data only plans available for $35/month for 20GB of data, or $50/month for 40GB of data (one of our Top Pick Plans).
For AT&T Small Business customers, the Moxee is available as part of a "Grab-N-Combo" bundle with the Mobile Share Plus for Business 3GB Plan. It must be purchased on a 30-month payment plan for $2.84/month.
We anticipate this device may also become available for consumer AT&T plans as well.
Moxee's own mission statement pretty much says it all:
At Moxee, we believe that the value of technology isn’t measured by features, or spec sheets, but by its impact on the people who use it.
Here at the Mobile Internet Resource Center, we measure the value of technology by features and spec sheets. And their seeming lack of these things makes this hotspot device an easy pass for better options out there - such as the higher end Netgear Nighthawk, or rumored MiFi 8000 coming to AT&T's network soon.
Related News Stories
- AT&T Ends Sponsored Data Program - No More Data-Free Wireless Streaming With Some Services Posted on: March 17, 2021
- AT&T To Add 5G Access to Some Legacy Postpaid Unlimited Plans Posted on: March 15, 2021
- Verizon Goes Big in C-Band Auction - Investing Billions in 5G Spectrum Posted on: March 1, 2021
- AT&T Business Try-And-Buy Program Offers 50GB of Data for 30 Days on a Moxee Hotspot for Free Posted on: February 18, 2021
- AT&T Enforcing 10GB Personal Hotspot High Speed Cap on Standalone Postpaid Unlimited Tablet Plans Posted on: February 17, 2021