The Unite Express 2 is AT&T's updated entry-level mobile hotspot, which replaced the Velocity 2 in November 2018. This hotspot has a similar category 13 modem as the Velocity 2, but comes with some significant changes from the previous device:
- No Antenna ports (The Velocity 2 came with 2 TS-9 ports)
- Support for FirstNet (band 14)
- Simultaneous Dual band WiFi
- Model Number: AT&T Unite Express 2 (AC797S) by Netgear
- # of Connected Devices: 15 via Wi-Fi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://192.168.1.1 or http://attwifimanager/
Default Password: "attadmin"
- USB Tethering Support: Likely, but unknown at this time
WiFiRanger Tethering: tbd
Pepwave Tethering: tbd
- Supported Networks and Bands:
LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12(17) 14, 29, 30, 66
4G/3G: HSPA+ 850/1900/2100MHz - Global roaming supported.
2G: GSM EDGE: None
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes
- MIMO Support: 2X2 Internal
- LTE Performance Category: Category 13
(Max Theoretical Speed: 400Mbps Down / 150Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: MicroUSB
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac - Simultaneous dual-band 2.4GHz & 5GHz.
- Claimed Battery Life: 11hrs use time, 1.7 days standby
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 4.33'' x 2.68'' x 0.61''
- SIM Card Type: Micro
- Retail Price: $124.99
Review & Testing Status
We do not intend to obtain this hotspot for testing.
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Unite Express 2
AT&T's newest entry-level hotspot lacks key features.