It is currently available for AT&T Business and consumer customers. It was previously available through AT&T's prepaid brand Cricket Wireless, but has since been replaced with another hotspot.
- Model: K779HSDL
- # of Connected Devices: Up to 16
- Control Panel and Default Password:
- Control Panel: http://192.168.1.1 or http://device.WebUI
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: 12$ followed by the last 3 digits of the device IMEI
- USB Tethering Support: Unknown, probably
- Networks supported: 4G/LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 12, 13, 25, 26, 41, 66, 71
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2x2
- LTE Performance Category: Cat-4
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: Micro USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: Dual-Band 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Battery: 2300mAh Lithium Battery
- Claimed Battery Life: "Hours"
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Battery Part #: Unknown
- Battery Purchase: N/A
- Dimensions: 4.41 x 2.56 x 0.47 in
- SIM Card Type: Micro
- Retail Price: $79.99
News, Videos, & Status
We have obtained a Moxee from Cricket Wireless to test with their Simply Data plans. We'll be comparing this device and plan against other AT&T hotspot devices, as well as postpaid AT&T plans.
Members can follow along in the testing forum below:
- In Progress Testing Notes: Moxee Mobile Hotspot & Cricket Wireless Simply Data Plan (Mobile Hotspot & Data Plan)
- New Turbo Hotspot 2 by Wingtech for Cricket Wireless and AT&T Business Posted on: January 27, 2021
- Cricket Simply Data Plan Introduces Device Restrictions - Do NOT MOVE SIM CARDS from Routers! Posted on: January 24, 2021
- Cricket Wireless Introduces 100GB Simply Data Plan for $90/mo for Hotspots & Routers AND Adds 5G Access to Some Plans Posted on: August 21, 2020
- Cricket Wireless Announces Plan Changes and a Launch Date for 5G Network Posted on: July 28, 2020
- New Moxee Mobile Hotspot Released - Available for AT&T Business and Cricket Wireless Posted on: June 19, 2020
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier, and we do not endorse any specific vendor. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer).
Mobile hotspot devices are small, self-contained units that receive a cellular data signal and transform it into an internet connection. They are a cellular modem and router combined. Most can create their own personal Wi-Fi network.
They are typically designed with a specific cellular carrier in mind and require a suitable cellular data plan of their own to operate. You might see them called Jetpacks (Verizon's term for them) or MiFi (Inseego's name for them).
Here's a quick video going over the features of a hotspot, and what makes one better than another:
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.