The weBoost Drive 4G-S is a simple and easy cradle-style cellular booster designed for use with just one device at a time. You put an antenna on the roof of your vehicle (if you don't have a metal roof, you will need to provide a ground plane), and run that antenna to the inside cradle that is sized to hold most phones and mobile hotspots.
With the booster plugged into a nearby DC power jack or any 2a USB port, you are then good to go.
Note: Before Wilson Electronics re-branded as weBoost, the weBoost Drive 4G-S was known as the Wilson Electronics Sleek 4G. We've been told by weBoost that other than the slight changes to the external case, the new and old version are identical.
- Gain: 23dB
- # of Devices Boosted: One
- LTE Bands Supported: 12 (17), 13, 5, 4, 2, 25
- Exterior Antenna: 4" Magnetic Mount - 12.5' Cable
- Internal Antenna: Integrated
- Range of Interior Coverage: Cradle Only
- In Motion Usage: Yes
- Power Source: USB (2A), Comes with 12v Adapter
- List Price: $179
Testing Status: We've had a the original Wilson Electronics Sleek 4G in our testing arsenal since it was first released, and featured it in our 2015 Booster Analysis.
We currently have the Sleek 4G in testing to compare it to the new Drive Sleek in active testing. Our field testing results can be found here for our members who want to follow along: Cellular Signal & Embedded Router Field Testing – IBR900 | MAX-BR1 | Drive Sleek | MIMO Antennas (1st Quarter 2018)
Once we have adequate data collected, we will update our review below for members.
Related News Articles:
- weBoost and HiBoost Release New OTR Trucker Cellular Antenna Kits Posted on: August 3, 2018
- weBoost Connect RV 65 Cellular Booster Kit: Aimed at Stationary RVers in Remote Locations Posted on: April 30, 2018
- The New weBoost 4G Slim - A Better Indoor Antenna for 4G-X and 4G-M Cellular Boosters? Posted on: March 1, 2018
- 2017 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2018 Posted on: December 30, 2017
- weBoost Introduces Substantially Sleeker "Drive Sleek" Cellular Booster Posted on: September 25, 2017
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Special Mobile Internet Resource Center Savings
10% off direct with weBoost
Sign up for weBoost's Newsletter
and save 10% on any booster purchase over $100.
weBoost Direct: Drive 4G-S
Deal Alert: The older Wilson Electronics Sleek 4G can often be found at close-out & refurbished prices, and we have been told by weBoost that the current Drive 4G-S is just a rebranded version with a slightly different case but identical internals. If you find the older model - you can save a bundle.
Do be sure to avoid the Sleek 4GV (Verizon) and Sleek 4GA (AT&T) variants though - these were even older versions of the Sleek that only support the LTE bands of the designated carrier.
weBoost Drive 4G-S Ratings
For those not ready to invest in more expensive gear - the weBoost Drive 4G-S is an affordable starter booster.
If / when you are ready to upgrade to something better, the small and portable 4G-S can then be relocated into your toad or tow vehicle.