In mid-2020 Peplink began to roll out a new line of "Puma" antennas targeted at mobile users, and the first to market is the Puma-401 - an omnidirectional antenna, with four integrated cellular antennas that support all sub-6GHz 5G frequencies for 4X4 MIMO reception, along with GPS.
This is a perfect pairing for Pepwave's Cat-18 4G/LTE modems, and is also relatively future-proof for eventual 5G router upgrades.
NOTE: The Puma-401 looks nearly identical to the older ANT-107 offering from Peplink, which has now been discontinued. The key technical difference is that the ANT-107 did not have support for 600 MHz LTE Band 71.
- Models: PUMA-401
- # of Antennas: 4x Cellular, 1x GPS
- Direction: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 617MHz - 6000MHz
- Impedance: 50ohm
- Cable Type & Length: 6' 7" (2 meters) of CFD-200 Coax for both cellular and GPS
- Connector: SMA Male, QMA Male, or N-Type Male
- Internal Ground Plane: Yes
- Dimensions: 5.12" diameter, 1.42" high (not including mounting spigot)
- Weight: 2.43 lbs with cables (1.46 lbs without cables)
- Mounting: spigot roof mount (43mm hole required) or pole/wall mount (pole adapter included)
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Frequency / Gain:
- 617-960 MHz: 0.3dBi
- 1710-2700 MHz: 5.1dBi
- 3400-4200 MHz: 5.8dBi
- 4900-6000 MHz: 7.0dBi:
- Retail Price: $199 (available in black or white, with three different cable end options)
Review & Testing Status
Members can track our first impressions as we test in this thread:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular cellular antennas on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!