Panorama's MIMO desktop antenna comes in two versions - one with 2 TS-9 connectors works for signal enhancing a cellular mobile hotspot device with two antenna ports, or one with SMA connectors for use with routers.
MIMO (Multiple In Multiple Out) is the use of more than one antenna to increase signal performance. All LTE devices internally have at least two antennas to take advantage of this technology. This antenna is designed with two antennas inside it's panel case, and then had two plugs that can go directly into a device with TS-9 ports (typically used on mobile hotspots like JetPacks and MiFis).
You can mount by sitting on a desk or other flat surface, or with the included suction cups to a window most closely facing the cellular tower you're connected to, or use the included clips to attach to the screen of a laptop. No tricky roof installation needed. It's portable and rated for indoor use.
- Model: DMM-7-27-2SP or DMM-7-27-2TS9
- Type: MIMO
- Frequency Range (MHz): 698-960 / 1710-2700
- Cable Type & Length: 6.5' long cable
- 7-27-2TS9: 2x TS-9 connectors, SMA adapters included (the model for hotspots)
- 7-27-2SP: SMA connectors (no adapters included)
- Dimensions: 5.4” x 5.94''
- Mounting: Includes clips & suction cups
- Frequency / Gain: Stated as 698-960MHz - 2.5dBi; 1710-2170MHz - 4dBi; 2.2-2.7GHz - 3dBi
- Retail Price: $44.99
Review & Testing Status
We have purchased the TS-9 version of this antenna to test against our top rated Netgear MIMO antenna of similar specs. Our field testing results can be found here for our members who want to follow along:
- Cellular Signal Field Testing – SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 | weBoost 4G-X OTR | weBoost 4G-M | HiBoost OTR | MIMO Antennas (Late 2018)
- Cellular Signal Field Testing – SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 | weBoost Connect RV 65 | HiBoost OTR | MIMO Antennas (2nd Quarter 2018)
- Cellular Signal & Embedded Router Field Testing – IBR900 | MAX-BR1 | Drive Sleek | MIMO Antennas (1st Quarter 2018)
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular cellular antennas on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.