King is a leading provider of both satellite and over-the-air TV antennas designed for RV use, but in late 2018 King entered the mobile Wi-Fi market as well with the uniquely innovative auto-aiming Falcon Wi-Fi antenna.
The Falcon is the flagship of King's lineup - which actually consists of three potential configurations based on the same core:
- King WiFiMax Router - Indoor dual-band router that supports WiFi-as-WAN to connect to a remote network to extends its range. $89.99
- King Swift Omnidirectional Antenna with WiFiMax Router - This system adds a 10" tall roof-mounted omnidirectional Wi-Fi antenna to the WiFiMax, allowing for longer range connections. $199.99
- King Falcon Directional Antenna with WiFiMax Router - This system adds rotating auto-aiming directional Wi-Fi antenna to the WiFiMax, allowing for much longer range connections. $399.99
The Falcon system combines a roof-mounted auto-aiming directional antenna (a Yagi-type antenna in an enclosed housing) with an indoor router.
The system is designed to automatically aim at whatever W-iFi source you choose with the aid of a companion smartphone or tablet app, promising all the benefits of a directional antenna without the need for manual aiming.
King describes it this way:
Using the KING Wi-Fi App, the KING Falcon automatically rotates and scans 360 degrees and shows you all the available networks. Then, you simply tap the network you want, and the Falcon automatically aims itself to get the best performance from that Wi-Fi source.
The antenna is controlled by software in the router through a coaxial cable that also provides power to the antenna, so installation of the rooftop unit only requires routing a single coax cable to the interior.
King claims the directional antenna is 10x more powerful than the competition (which use omnidirectional antennas).
However, the exterior directional antenna is only able to pick up 2.4GHz WiFi sources, but most public hotspots broadcast on this frequency.
The inside router does provide both 2.4 and 5GHz connections for the private WiFi network and the router also comes with three LAN ports.
- Falcon WiFi Antenna:
- WiFiMax Wi-Fi Router:
- Antennas: 4x 5dB (3x if an outdoor antenna option is used)
- Frequency / WiFi Standard: dual 2.4 / 5GHz Wi-Fi: (802.11 b/g/n/ac - 367Mbps Max)
- Exterior Antenna: Can pair with King Falcon or Swift via coax cable to one of the routers antenna ports.
- WiFi as WAN: Yes
- Guest WiFi Network: No
- Cellular Tethering: None
- Integrated Cellular Modem: No
- Ethernet Ports: 3x LAN, 1x WAN
- Power Source: 110v AC
- Dimensions (inches): 11W x 7D x 8.75H
- Falcon Package Retail Price: $399.99
Other Models & Variations
The WiFiMax router can be purchased separately for $89.99 or the router can be bundled with a "Swift" omnidirectional exterior WiFi antenna for $199.99.
Review & Testing Status
We have been sent the full lineup of King gear in March 2019, and will be sharing our hands-on experience below in the member area.
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
The King Falcon and WiFiMax combo is available direct from King or from online retailers:
A WiFi and router combination offering an automatically-aimed high-gain directional antenna with an interior router.