KING, a company with a history of focus in the over the air TV reception market, has been branching out into the mobile internet market.
At first glance, this booster looked suspiciously similar to the recently retired weBoost 4G-X RV cellular booster kit with a KING sticker slapped on the front.
And sure enough, on KING's website they say 'powered by weBoost'. We were able to confirm with weBoost that they have licensed their retired kit to KING.
Interestingly, KING is offering the kit at $50 more than it retailed when available from weBoost.
KING is offering the KING Extend for $549 - whereas weBoost's direct MSRP was $499.99 for the same kit.
While officially 'retired', the weBoost 4G-X RV can still be readily found at the $499.99 price point.
And of course, weBoost released their new and improved amplifier, the weBoost Drive Reach back in May. It is not yet available in RV-centric antenna kits.
The weBoost 4G-X Booster Kit arrived on the scene in April of 2017 with their white omni directional building antenna. In our head to head testing, their 4G-X kitted with the OTR antenna always slightly outperformed it.
But for those who prefer the form factor for installation, the KING Extend will continue to be an option once the stock of the official weBoost 4G-X RV kits run dry.
Video Verizon of this Story:
WeBoost News Stories:
- Industry Analysis: New Cellular Boosters Launched In 2019 Posted on: December 17, 2019
- weBoost Rebrands Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster to Drive X - and Lowers the Price Posted on: November 12, 2019
- KING Extend - KING Licenses the weBoost 4G-X RV Cellular Booster Kit Posted on: September 13, 2019
- weBoost Announces Drive X RV Kit with OTR Antenna - Replacing Drive 4G-X RV Posted on: July 25, 2019
- weBoost Announces the Drive Reach - "Most Powerful In-Vehicle Cell Signal Booster Yet" Posted on: May 21, 2019
For an overview of this kit, back from when it was first announced:
Members also have access to the results of our head-to-head testing with this specific kit:
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Mid 2017) - Featuring the Drive 4G-X RV Kit vs OTR and vehicle.
For more information on the recent revamped line-up launch of booster kits from weBoost:
- weBoost Announces Drive X RV Kit with OTR Antenna – Replacing Drive 4G-X RV
- weBoost Announces the Drive Reach - Most Powerful In-Vehicle Cell Signal Booster Yet
And for in-depth specs, info, and recommendations on the weBoost Drive 4G-X product line-up, see our Gear Center Guide: