The Cradlepoint ARC CBA850-1200M is an LTE Advanced Pro Category 18 gigabit modem that can provide a cellular internet connection to any traditional router - just like one would use a cable or DSL modem.
Higher-end enterprise mobile gear Cradlepoint (and competitor Peplink) have long appealed to RVers and boaters with the most demanding mobile internet needs, particularly for those with an IT background who are not intimidated by managing a more complex device.
And the new CBA850-1200M fits that bill with advances features that put it on the leading edge of LTE performance, compatibility and features.
ALERT - NetCloud Subscription Required:
In June 2019 Cradlepoint announced a new policy where an active $180/year NetCloud subscription would be required to maintain access to basic firmware security updates. Everyone considering purchasing a Cradlepoint router should keep this new requirement in mind.
- Cellular Modem Specs:
- Carriers: AT&T & Verizon (T-Mobile, and Sprint support are pending)
- LTE Bands:
- 4G/3G: WCDMA/DC-HSPA+, Bands 1, 2, 4, 5(19), 8
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes (5x 20MHz)
- LTE Performance Category: Category 18
(Max Theoretical Speed: 1,200 Mbps Down / 150 Mbps Up)
- MIMO Support: 2x2 and 4x4
- Cellular Antenna Ports: 4x SMA male
- SIM Slots: Dual Mini-SIM (2FF)
- Cellular Tethering via USB: Yes - 1x USB Port, tethering not confirmed
- Ethernet Ports: 2x 1,000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet (One for device management, one WAN with POE)
- Other Ports:
- RJ-45 (Console)
- GPS Antenna Port(SMA)
- 12v Power
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Faillover, Load Balancing, Integrated GPS
- Power Source: 12 V DC / 1.5 A power adapter.
- Dimensions: 4.8 × 4.8 × 1.7 inches
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Retail Price: $799.99 (w/o antennas)
Related News Center Articles
- Cradlepoint 1200M Modem Certified for Verizon Posted on: June 19, 2019
- Cradlepoint Changing Support Policy, Requiring Service Contract for Firmware Security Updates Posted on: June 7, 2019
- High End Update: Cradlepoint Goes Gigabit LTE & Peplink Pioneers Roof-Mounted Cellular With Indoor SIM Cards Posted on: January 28, 2019
- 2017 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2018 Posted on: December 30, 2017
- Cradlepoint Announces New Flagship COR IBR900 Mobile Router Posted on: January 23, 2017
Review & Testing Status
We do not have a unit for testing.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.