Cradlepoint's newest modem, the MC400-1200M, is finally certified for use with Verizon after several months as an AT&T exclusive - and a recent firmware update enabled carrier support.
The modem was released in January 2019 with an AT&T exclusive status, though support for the other three carriers was promised by March 2019. However, Verizon certification didn't arrive until June and certification for Sprint and T-Mobile are still pending.
The 1200M is cutting-edge LTE Advanced Pro Category 18 gigabit cellular modem with support for all current LTE bands, even newer bands like T-Mobile's Band 71 (although the modem is not yet certified for use on T-Mobile's network).
For more on the modem capabilities, see our original news story or any of the router Gear Center entries linked above.
But also be aware of Cradlepoint's recent policy change with regard to updates - all firmware updates (including the update to get Verizon support) will require a Cradlepoint NetCloud subscription. Thankfully, anyone who has a -1200M should be covered under their initial 1-year included subscription.
- An Overview of T-Mobile LTE Band 71 and Compatible LTE Modems & Routers (WiFiRanger, Gli.Net, Mofi, Pepwave, etc.) Posted on: March 13, 2020
- Cradlepoint 1200M Modem Certified for Verizon Posted on: June 19, 2019
- Cradlepoint Changing Support Policy, Requiring Service Contract for Firmware Security Updates Posted on: June 7, 2019
- High End Update: Cradlepoint Goes Gigabit LTE & Peplink Pioneers Roof-Mounted Cellular With Indoor SIM Cards Posted on: January 28, 2019
- Cradlepoint Announces New Flagship COR IBR900 Mobile Router Posted on: January 23, 2017
- Cradlepoint Embraces LTE-Advanced, Multi-Carrier Radios Posted on: June 1, 2016
- MaxxFi Mobile Broadband: Exxagerated... But Interesting Posted on: May 10, 2015