Cradlepoint's newest modem, the MC400-1200M, is finally certified for use with Verizon after several months as an AT&T exclusive - and a recent firmware update enabled carrier support.
The modem was released in January 2019 with an AT&T exclusive status, though support for the other three carriers was promised by March 2019. However, Verizon certification didn't arrive until June and certification for Sprint and T-Mobile are still pending.
The 1200M is cutting-edge LTE Advanced Pro Category 18 gigabit cellular modem with support for all current LTE bands, even newer bands like T-Mobile's Band 71 (although the modem is not yet certified for use on T-Mobile's network).
But also be aware of Cradlepoint's recent policy change with regard to updates - all firmware updates (including the update to get Verizon support) will require a Cradlepoint NetCloud subscription. Thankfully, anyone who has a -1200M should be covered under their initial 1-year included subscription.
- Cradlepoint 1200M Modem Certified for Verizon Posted on: June 19, 2019
- Cradlepoint Changing Support Policy, Requiring Service Contract for Firmware Security Updates Posted on: June 7, 2019
- High End Update: Cradlepoint Goes Gigabit LTE & Peplink Pioneers Roof-Mounted Cellular With Indoor SIM Cards Posted on: January 28, 2019
- 2017 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2018 Posted on: December 30, 2017
- Cradlepoint Announces New Flagship COR IBR900 Mobile Router Posted on: January 23, 2017
- 2016 RV Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2017 Posted on: January 6, 2017
- Cradlepoint Embraces LTE-Advanced, Multi-Carrier Radios Posted on: June 1, 2016
- MaxxFi Mobile Broadband: Exxagerated... But Interesting Posted on: May 10, 2015
- Cradlepoint Reverses Consumer Hostile Firmware Policy Posted on: April 25, 2015
- Cradlepoint Orphans Consumer-Friendly Mobile Routers Posted on: July 10, 2014