This device has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing this device.
This device is no longer offered direct by T-Mobile, and has been replaced with the LINKZONE 2.
The Alcatel Linkzone was T-Mobile's primary mobile hotspot from October 2016 to January 2019.
- Model Number: MW41TM
- # of Connected Devices: 15 Wi-Fi / Supports USB Tethering
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://mobile.hotspot/ or http://192.168.0.1/
Default Password: "admin"
- USB Tethering Support:
WiFiRanger Tethering: Works Great
Pepwave Tethering: Not tested, but reportedly works
MOFI Tethering: Not tested
- Supported Networks and Bands:
LTE Bands: 2, 4, 12 (17)
4G: HSPA+ 850/1900/2100MHz
3G / 2G: Quad Band GSM - Global Roaming
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2x2 internal only
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: Micro USB (tethering/charging) and microSD (file sharing)
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz only
- Dimensions: 4.09" x 2.51" x 0.5" / 3.17 oz
- SIM Card Type: 3FF / Micro SIM
- Retail Price: $72, but varies on the reseller market.
Review & Testing Status
We do not currently have this unit in for testing.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
- OEM eBay (specifically mentions LinkZone)
- Amazon OEM (same part #, but does not mention LinkZone)
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.