This device has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing this device.
The Pantech MHS291L was our Verizon hotspot of choice throughout 2014 - but over time our delight faded as we discovered the issue with the MHS291L battery swelling and failing was a widespread flaw.
- Model Number: MHS291L
- # of Connected Devices: 10 (LTE) / 5 (3G) / Supports USB Tethering
- Control Panel and Default Password:
- USB Tethering Support:
- WiFiRanger Tethering: Works Great
- Networks supported: Verizon LTE Bands: 4, 13
4G/3G: HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100MHz - Global roaming supported.
3G: Verizon CDMA EVDO Supported (800/1900MHz)
2G: GSM EDGE - Quad band global roaming.
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2X2
- LTE Performance Category: Category 3
(Max Theoretical Speed: 100Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: 2x MIMO / TS9 Connectors
- Other Ports: micro-USB
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/a - 2.4GHz or 5GHz
- Battery Life: 15 hours
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: No (See below of a hack to get around this)
- Battery Part #: BTR291B
- Replacement Purchase: Beltron
- Dimensions: 3.62" x 2.0" x 0.72" / 4.97 oz
- SIM Card Type: 3FF / Micro SIM
- Original Retail Price: $159
Review & Testing Status
We had a Pantech MHS291L in regular use since it was first released (originally provided by Millenicom), and we have extensive experience with it. Our in-depth hands-on review is included below.
In addition, we have involved this device in other rounds of testing:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
Be careful when shopping on eBay and make sure that you're buying JUST the mobile hotspot, and not also a rental Verizon data plan.
Battery Replacement Purchase: Beltron
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.