This device has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing this device.
- Battery Life: 5 hours
- # of Connected Devices: 10 Wi-Fi / USB Tethering Suported
- Networks supported: Verizon LTE Band: 13
4G/3G: HSPA 900/1900/2100MHz - Global roaming supported.
3G: Verizon CDMA EVDO Supported (800/1900MHz)
2G: GSM EDGE - Quad band global roaming.
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- LTE Performance Category: Category 3
(Max Theoretical Speed: 100Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: Single unofficial "test port" - TS9 connector.
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n - 2.4GHz only
- Dimensions: 3.74" x 2.36" x 0.53" / 3.0 oz
- SIM Card Type: 3FF / Micro SIM
- Retail Price: $299 (original price)
Review & Testing Status
We used the 4620L as our primary hotspot in late 2012. You can can read about our prior experience in our Technomadia blog post: Life In The Fast Lane – 4G Will Make You Lose Your Mind.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Be careful when shopping on eBay and make sure that you're buying JUST the mobile hotspot, and not also a rental Verizon data plan.
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.