But perhaps noticing that more and more people are watching TV over the internet than over the air, Winegard is now also pursuing an entirely new direction:
RV Wi-Fi range extending, and integrated roof-mounted cellular modems.
Alternate Product Consideration
In early 2018, Winegard released the ConnecT 2.0 in both Wi-Fi and LTE only models. It is lower priced, more visually appealing and allows you to use your own SIM card - but removes the interior router component.
Winegard keeps both products still available, and we definitely recommend considering the 2.0 to see if it might meet your needs as well. There are pros and cons to both models.
The ConnecT Kits - Described
The ConnecT outdoor unit looks like an inverted three legged stool, and honestly it looks a bit odd on an RV roof.
The three legs of the stool are actually high-gain 5dBi Wi-Fi antennas, and the Wi-Fi radio in the base can use these three antennas to lock on to distant 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n campground Wi-Fi.
If you have wired equipment as well, the ConnecT also provides a single wired gigabit ethernet port.
The outdoor unit connects to the indoor unit via a 25' ethernet cable, which provides both the power and a data connection between the two.
- Model: Connect 4G1 & WF1
- Router Specs:
- # of Connected Devices: Not specified
- Wi-Fi Router:
- Control Panel and Default Password: Not specified
- USB Tethering Support: USB Port Present, But Not Enabled
- Ethernet Ports: 1x 1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN, 1x POE for roof unit.
- Cellular Modem Specs (ConnecT 4G1):
- Dimensions: 10.3 x 12.4"
- Other Ports:
- Power Source: 110V AC Adapter Included (no official 12V option)
- Special Features: None
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Retail Price:
- ConnecT WF1 (Wi-Fi) - $549
- ConnecT 4G1 (+LTE) - $749
Table of Contents
Member Exclusive Content / Review:
- Thoughts & Analysis
- Hands on Testing
- Comparison the Connect 2.0
- In-depth Video Tutorial
- Purchasing Options
Review & Testing Status
We tested a prototype ConnecT s beginning in May 2016 for Winegard, and our impressions are shared below with our members.
In May 2017, Winegard sent us their newly released ConnecT 4G1 cellular model utilizing an AT&T data plan.
We took this unit on the road for several rounds of testing:
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (2nd Quarter 2017)
- Mobile Router & Wi-Fi Gear Testing (Winter 2016/2017)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Late 2016)
Unboxing Video & First Impressions
Here is our quick unboxing video and first impressions of the Winegard ConnecT 4G1, filmed in April 2017.
Our deeper analysis, impressions, and video guide are in our members-only section.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
The roof mounted units for both the Wi-Fi only ConnecT WF1 and the LTE-equipped ConnecT 4G1 are available in either black or white.
Other than the external case color difference, the setups are identical.
- Winegard's ConnecT Website
- Amazon: ConnecT WF1 (Wi-Fi Only) | ConnecT 4G1 (LTE)
- Camping World: ConnecT WF1 (Wi-Fi Only) | ConnecT 4G1 (LTE)
Related News Center Articles
- ALERT: AT&T Pulling Togo & Airstream $360/year Unlimited Data Plans - Effective January 16th, 2020 Posted on: December 18, 2019
- Winegard Air 360+ Brings Wi-Fi & Cellular Upgradability To New RVs Posted on: September 30, 2019
- AT&T $360/yr RV Unlimited Data Plan Now Available with Togo Roadlink C2 Posted on: April 5, 2019
- 2018 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2019 Posted on: December 31, 2018
- Looking Ahead: Will 2019 Be The Year of the Smart & Connected RV? Posted on: October 3, 2018