This SkyPro line of products is now replaced with the current WiFiRanger Converge products.
The SkyPro consists of a small weather-sealed box with dual stubby antennas (total height 8") on top.
The two antennas are what sets the SkyPro apart - enabling it to use MIMO technology to double Wi-Fi speeds under the right conditions.
And if you also want the convenience of integrated rooftop cellular, an integrated cellular modem is available for a $200 upgrade fee.
Launched in late 2019, the new WiFiRanger Converge Denali supersedes the SkyPro - but in a very different form factor.
For an overview of the full WiFiRanger product line (and a look at some of the software features in common across different devices), see our gear center entry:
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n - (2x MIMO) 300Mbps Max
- 5GHz Wi-Fi: N/A
- Wi-Fi Antenna: Dual Integrated 5dBi Antennas
- Claimed Wi-Fi Range: 1.5 miles
- Wi-Fi as WAN: Yes
- Guest Wi-Fi Network: Yes
- Cellular Tethering via USB: No, but can pair with an indoor Core or GoAC for this functionality.
- Integrated Cellular Modem: Optional ($200 for LTE upgrade)
- Ethernet Ports: No, but can pair with GoAC or Core for this functionality.
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Faillover
- Power Source: POE (Power Over Ethernet)
- Dimensions: 9.7" x 7.5" x 4.5"
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Retail Price: Alone: $289.99 | Paired with Core: $449.99 | LTE Option: $200 extra
In late 2019, WiFiRanger released their new Converge and Tetherpoint line-up - the Denali is the most equivalent in features to the SkyPro to consider.
The SkyPro is now retired (but may still be available pre-installed on some new RVs), and will supported long into the future for current customers for firmware updates and warranty repairs.
Other Models & Variations
- WiFiRanger Sky2 or the original WiFiRanger Sky - They look similar to the SkyPro, but have just a single antenna. The dual-antennas are a dead giveaway that you are looking at the "Pro" model.
- SkyPro LTE - WiFiRanger began offering an LTE option in 2017, and with the SkyPro3 in 2019 they began offering a more capable modem. More: WiFiRanger Introduces Cellular-Integrated SkyPro LTE and WiFiRanger Launches SkyPro3.
- Sky / SkyPro (OEM) - WiFiRanger also has slightly different models available that they sell directly to RV manufacturers for installation. These can vary in specifications based on what the manufacturer wants. They typically have names like Sky4 that don't match the two consumer accessible models (Sky2 and SkyPro). WiFiRanger does sell a LTE upgrade kit for those who receive the Sky4 or SkyPro pre-installed on their RV.
Table of Contents
Member Exclusive Content / Review:
- Thoughts & Analysis
- Hands on Testing Notes
- SkyPro LTE: Hands On Notes
- In Depth Video Overview
- Purchasing Options
Review & Testing Status
WiFiRanger sent us a review unit of the SkyPro for evaluation in late 2016, and we added the SkyPro LTE into our testing lab beginning February 2018.
We share our more detailed analysis, hands-on thoughts, and an in-depth video guide with our members below.
And members can view our ongoing field testing and range results here:
- Mobile Router & Wi-Fi Gear Testing (Winter 2016/2017)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (2nd Quarter 2017)
- Cellular Signal & Embedded Router Field Testing – IBR900 | MAX-BR1 | Drive Sleek | MIMO Antennas (1st Quarter 2018)
Product Overview Videos
February 2018: Here's our first impressions of the beta release of the SkyPro LTE:
December 2016: Here is our quick unboxing video and first impressions of the WiFiRanger GoAC, Core, EliteAC, and SkyPro.
Our deeper analysis, impressions, and video guide are in our members-only section.
Alternatives to Consider
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
The SkyPro is typically sold as part of the SkyPro pack, bundled with a WiFiRanger Core indoor router for $449.99.
Members: Be sure to check the Members Discount page for an exclusive discount code to use when ordering.
Related News Center Articles
Routers can serve as a central conductor of your local area network in your RV and boat. Mobile routers are different from residential routers in that they typically support multiple internet sources like cellular and Wi-Fi, can be powered off of 12v or AC and support external antenna for better receiving signal.
But you might not need a router in your setup. Here's a quick video overview the variety that routers come in:
For more on learning about mobile routers and how they might fit in your setup, follow up with our educational resources: