To best tap into distant Wi-Fi, nothing beats having a Wi-Fi radio up on the roof dedicated to the task.
The SkyPro consists of a small weather-sealed box with dual stubby antennas (total height 8") on top.
The two antennas are what sets the SkyPro apart - enabling it to use MIMO technology to double Wi-Fi speeds under the right conditions.
For many users - the SkyPro strikes a great balance, and it is one of our top recommendations for anyone interested in taking advantage of distant Wi-Fi networks.
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- Cellular Tethering via USB: No, but can pair with an indoor Core or GoAC for this functionality.
- Integrated Cellular Modem: Optional ($200 for LTE upgrade)
- Ethernet Ports: No, but can pair with GoAC or Core for this functionality.
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Faillover
- Power Source: POE (Power Over Ethernet)
- Dimensions: 9.7" x 7.5" x 4.5"
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Retail Price: Alone: $289.99 | Paired with Core: $449.99 | LTE Option: $200 extra
Other Models & Variations
- WiFiRanger Sky2 or the original WiFiRanger Sky - They look similar to the SkyPro, but have just a single antenna. The dual-antennas are a dead giveaway that you are looking at the "Pro" model.
- SkyPro LTE - WiFiRanger began offering an LTE option in 2017, and with the SkyPro3 in 2019 they began offering a more capable modem. More: WiFiRanger Introduces Cellular-Integrated SkyPro LTE and WiFiRanger Launches SkyPro3.
- Sky / SkyPro (OEM) - WiFiRanger also has slightly different models available that they sell directly to RV manufacturers for installation. These can vary in specifications based on what the manufacturer wants. They typically have names like Sky4 that don't match the two consumer accessible models (Sky2 and SkyPro). WiFiRanger does sell a LTE upgrade kit for those who receive the Sky4 or SkyPro pre-installed on their RV.
Table of Contents
Member Exclusive Content / Review:
- Thoughts & Analysis
- Hands on Testing Notes
- SkyPro LTE: Hands On Notes
- In Depth Video Overview
- Purchasing Options
Review & Testing Status
WiFiRanger sent us a review unit of the SkyPro for evaluation in late 2016, and we added the SkyPro LTE into our testing lab beginning February 2018.
We share our more detailed analysis, hands-on thoughts, and an in-depth video guide with our members below.
And members can view our ongoing field testing and range results here:
- Mobile Router & Wi-Fi Gear Testing (Winter 2016/2017)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (2nd Quarter 2017)
- Cellular Signal & Embedded Router Field Testing – IBR900 | MAX-BR1 | Drive Sleek | MIMO Antennas (1st Quarter 2018)
Product Overview Videos
February 2018: Here's our first impressions of the beta release of the SkyPro LTE:
December 2016: Here is our quick unboxing video and first impressions of the WiFiRanger GoAC, Core, EliteAC, and SkyPro.
Our deeper analysis, impressions, and video guide are in our members-only section.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
But you can buy the SkyPro standalone if you ask for it, or you can choose to order with the more capable indoor GoAC instead
- April 2019 note: WiFiRanger seems to be having a temporary supply problem with compatibility with the SkyPro and GoAC pairing, and is not currently shipping this combo. Be sure to check in with them before ordering, hopefully this clears up soon.
Members: Be sure to check the Members Discount page for an exclusive discount code to use when ordering.
Related News Center Articles
- WifiRanger Offers AT&T-Based Data Plans Posted on: July 31, 2019
- WiFiRanger Launches SkyPro3, Finalizes 7.0.8 Firmware Update Posted on: July 9, 2019
- ALERT: WiFiRanger Recalls Defective 12V-to-24V Power Supplies Posted on: May 1, 2019
- WiFiRanger Teases Upcoming 'Converge' That Combines Wi-Fi, LTE, AM/FM, HDTV, and GPS Posted on: March 5, 2019
- 2018 Mobile Internet Year in Review & Looking Forward Into 2019 Posted on: December 31, 2018