The Inseego MiFi M2100 hotspot is Verizon's flagship 5G mobile hotspot, released in early September 2020 (our news story) with support for Verizon's Sub-6GHz 5G Nationwide network as well as Verizon's insanely fast mmWave Ultra Wideband network.
It is also, of course, fully backward compatible with 4G/LTE.
On paper at least, this is the most capable hotspot available on Verizon's network.
But it does have some significant limitations.
- Model Number: M2100
- # of Connected Devices: Up to 30
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http:/my.jetpack/ or http://192.168.1.1
Default Password: Initially, it is the same as the default password for your M2100 primary network. Tap Wi-Fi Name/Password on the Home touchscreen of your M2100 to view the password.
- USB Tethering Support: Yes
- Supported Networks and Bands:
Sub-6GHZ 5G: n2, n5, n66
mmWave 5G: n260, n261
4G/LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20, 28, 46, 48, 66
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, 7-band
- MIMO Support: 4x4 MIMO Sub6, 2x2 MIMO mmW
- LTE Performance Category: Cat 22
(Max Theoretical Speed: 2.5 Gbps Down / 316 Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: USB Type C
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: Wi-Fi 6 - 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n/ax - 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Battery: 3500mAh (Removable)
- Dimensions: 5.9" x 2.2" x 0.7"
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $399.99
News, Videos, & Status
Inseego sent us an evaluation unit in early October 2020. Members can read our hands-on testing notes below:
- Testing Forum: Verizon Inseego MiFi M2100 5G UW (5G Mobile Hotspot)
Related News Stories & Videos:
- T-Mobile iPhones to Show "5G UC" Icon To Indicate Next-Generation 5G Performance Areas Posted on: September 22, 2021
- WiFiRanger Firmware Update 7.1.0b11 - Performance Improvements, Simplified UI, Bug Fixes, Preparing for Future 5G Modems Posted on: September 21, 2021
- Apple's Fall 2021 Cellular Updates: New iPhone 13 Modem Analysis, iPad mini Goes 5G Posted on: September 15, 2021
- Dish Teases Project Genesis - Claims To Be "The First True 5G Network" Posted on: June 17, 2021
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Member Content Below:
- Thoughts & Analysis
- Deep Dive
- 5G Assessment
- Missing Features
- Performance Comparison
- Wi-Fi 6
- Getting a M2100
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier, and we do not endorse any specific vendor. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer).
Mobile hotspot devices are small, self-contained units that receive a cellular data signal and transform it into an internet connection. They are a cellular modem and router combined. Most can create their own personal Wi-Fi network.
They are typically designed with a specific cellular carrier in mind and require a suitable cellular data plan of their own to operate. You might see them called Jetpacks (Verizon's term for them) or MiFi (Inseego's name for them).
Here's a quick video going over the features of a hotspot, and what makes one better than another:
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.