Netgear offers 3 different 4G LTE Modems which may be useful to mobile internet seekers.
Specifications - Netgear 4G LTE Modems
- Integrated Wi-Fi: No
- Ethernet: Yes - 1x Gigabit LAN Port
- Cellular Networks Supported: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon (limited support)
LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12/17
4G: HSPA+ 850/1900
2G/3G: UMTS B2, B5 - No 2G GSM/GPRS support.
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: 2x MIMO / TS9 Connectors (TBD Primary)
- Power Source: 110v AC (12V DC Input)
- Dimensions: 4.7'' x 3.9'' x 1.2''
- SIM Card Type: 3FF (Micro) SIM
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Retail Price: $120 (1120)
Other Models & Variations
There are three versions of the Netgear LTE Modem, with only minor differences between them:
- 4G LTE Modem (Model LB1120) - The basic model. List price $119.99.
- 4G LTE Modem with POE (Model LB1121) - The only difference with this model is that it can be powered over POE (power over ethernet) as well as via the power jack. If you have a device that has a spare POE port (like a WiFiRagner GoAC), this can let you avoid needing a power supply. List price $139.99.
- 4G LTE Modem with Dual Ethernet Ports (Model LB2120) - This model lacks the ability to be powered over POE, but adds an ethernet WAN port. This second ethernet port is designed to let the LTE Modem sit inline between a traditional DSL or Cable Modem and a home or office router. If the wired internet goes down, the wireless modem can then take over. This is handy for providing backup service to a home or office, but not useful for most mobile installations. List price $159.99.
Other than by comparing the back panel, all three models look identical.
Review & Testing Status
We were so intrigued with the Netgear 4G LTE Modem that we purchased one in July 2017 and have incorporated it into our ongoing testing. Once we have more time with it, we will publish a full review here. Members can follow along with our testing here: Cellular Equipment Field Testing Results – Netgear Modems / USB730 (Late 2017)
Here's our video unboxing & first impressions:
We share our further hands-on impressions in the member area below.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Netgear 4G LTE Modems
A group of cellular modems that combine hardwired ethernet and cellular hotspot functions.