If you're considering a Verizon hotspot purchase, you may want to consider the Inseego 8800L - which is the flagship device offering far more capability.
- Model Number: RC400L
- # of Connected Devices: 10
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://my.jetpack or http://192.168.1.1
Default Password: Displayed on the external display
- USB Tethering Support: Yes
- Supported Networks and Bands:
4G/LTE: 2, 4, 5, 13, 66
3G: Backwards compatible to 3G networks: UMTS Bands: 2, 4, 5, 8
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2x2 MIMO
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: No
- Other Ports: Type C USB Port
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/ac, 2.4 GHz/5.0 GHz - Simultaneous Dual Band
- Battery: 3000mAh removable
- Claimed Battery Life: 12 hours
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery:
- Battery Part #:
- Replacement Purchase:
- Dimensions: 4.41'' x 2.56'' x 0.69'' (4.23oz)
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $79.99
News, Videos, & Status
We do not currently have this device in for testing.
- Netgear Releases Nighthawk M5 MR5200 5G Mobile Hotspot - An Unlocked/Global Version of the AT&T Nighthawk 5G Pro Posted on: September 2, 2021
- Verizon Releases Unlimited Plus for Connected Devices - Allowing for 30GB of LTE Hotspot and Unlimited 5G Posted on: September 17, 2020
- First AT&T 5G Mobile Hotspot Available for Consumers - Netgear Nighthawk 5G Mobile Hotspot Pro Posted on: September 16, 2020
- Verizon Launches 2nd Generation 5G Mobile Hotspot – Inseego MiFi M2100 5G UW Posted on: September 9, 2020
- Product Release: ZMax Connect - A T-Mobile Compatible Hotspot With Antenna Ports by ZTE Posted on: August 26, 2020
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
Our members have access to our full impressions below.
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier, and we do not endorse any specific vendor. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer).
Mobile hotspot devices are small, self-contained units that receive a cellular data signal and transform it into an internet connection. They are a cellular modem and router combined. Most can create their own personal Wi-Fi network.
They are typically designed with a specific cellular carrier in mind and require a suitable cellular data plan of their own to operate. You might see them called Jetpacks (Verizon's term for them) or MiFi (Inseego's name for them).
Here's a quick video going over the features of a hotspot, and what makes one better than another:
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.