This device has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing this device.
Potential Current Option: This version of the Pepwave Surf SOHO sold out essentially everywhere online.
This entry in our review center is for the old version - for a review of the third generation Surf SOHO, click here.
Peplink is a large and well respected company in the mobile networking space - primarily focused on high end applications covering everything from providing cellular connectivity to fleets of vehicles to enabling whole-building network installations for hotels and offices.
But Peplink has not forgotten about individual consumers, and some of the lower end offerings in the product line are very well suited to the RV market.
In particular, the Pepwave Surf SOHO (Small Office / Home Office) is very well suited to be the hub of an RV's network.
Specifications - Pepwave Surf SOHO (Rev 2, Early 2015)
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes - Selectable Dual Band (Only One Band Active)
- Cellular Tethering via USB: Yes - Most USB modems & hotspots supported.
- Integrated Cellular Modem: No
- Ethernet Ports: 4x 1,000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN, 1x Gigabit WAN
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Faillover
- Power Source: 10V - 24V DC Input, 110V AC Adapter Included
- Dimensions: 9.5" x 4.6" x 1.5"
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Retail Price: $179
Other Models & Variations
The original version of the Surf SOHO was essentially identical to this one, with the only significant difference being that it had 100Mbps fast ethernet ports rather than 1,000Mbps gigabit ethernet ports, which were added in a quiet product refresh in early 2015.
Review & Testing Status
We have had the Pepwave Surf SOHO as part of our testing arsenal for years, and have found it to be a solid performer.
We share some more detailed analysis and hands-on thoughts with our members below, as well as in our testing lab articles:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
NOTE: This older version of the Surf SOHO is essentially sold out everywhere online, and is very hard to find.
For our deep look at and full review of the new third generation Surf SOHO, click here.
Related News Center Articles
- Geek News Alert: Peplink Removes Throughput Limit For SpeedFusion Bonding Servers Posted on: November 12, 2019
- Pepwave MAX Cellular Routers Refreshed with LTE Cat-12 Modems, AT&T FirstNet Compatibility, and More Posted on: August 5, 2019
- Peplink Updates the MAX BR1 Classic With Cat-6 LTE Modem Posted on: July 11, 2019
- Cradlepoint Changing Support Policy, Requiring Service Contract for Firmware Security Updates Posted on: June 7, 2019
- High End Update: Cradlepoint Goes Gigabit LTE & Peplink Pioneers Roof-Mounted Cellular With Indoor SIM Cards Posted on: January 28, 2019