This device or plan has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device or plan may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing it.
In September 2020, Inseego released the M2100 which includes Sub6 support as well for their nationwide 5G network - which should be considered instead of the M1000.
- Model Number: Inseego 5G MiFi M1000
- # of Connected Devices: Unknown, Supports USB Tethering and Ethernet
- Control Panel and Default Password:
- USB Tethering Support: Unknown, but likely
- WiFiRanger Tethering: Not tested
- Pepwave Tethering: Not tested
- Networks supported:
- mmWave 5G: n260, n261
- 4G LTE: 2. 4, 5, 13, 48, 66
- UMTS: B1/B2/B4/B5/B8
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, 7-band, including LAA
- MIMO Support: 4X4 internal (LTE)
- LTE Performance Category: Category 20 (Max Theoretical Speed: 2000Mbps Down / 300Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: USB-C, Ethernet
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Battery: 4400 mAh Li-Ion
- Claimed Battery Life: 24 hours hotspot usage, multiple days standby
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown (Unlikely)
- Battery Part #: Unknown
- Dimensions: 4.85" x 3.48" x 1.5" / 5.7 oz
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $649.99/ $499.99 with a 2-year contract
News, Videos, & Status
We consider this a very limited device with support only for mmWave Ultrawideband 5G, and not worth acquiring considering we (and nomads in general) are seldom in places where this sort of coverage exists.
- Verizon Adds News Streaming Service discovery+ to Select Plans Posted on: January 5, 2021
- Coverage? App Now Includes Maps for 5G, Canadian Carriers and U.S. Cellular Posted on: December 18, 2020
- FMCA Verizon Plan No Longer Available on FMCA Website Posted on: December 16, 2020
- Visible Enables 5G Support - Verizon's 5G Network For As Little As $25/mo Posted on: December 15, 2020
- FCC's Massive C-Band Auction Begins - Shaping The Future of 5G Posted on: December 8, 2020
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Purchasing Links Provided as a Courtesy
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer).
To remain unbiased as possible, our primary source of funding comes from our premium members, and we have negotiated higher discounts from some vendors instead of accepting affiliate relationships.
Members, please do check your exclusive Member Discounts before placing an order.
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.