The Spark enables telematics for emergency assistance, fleet management, theft, tracking and more. This devices plug into the onboard diagnostic ports (OBD-II) of 1996 and newer model year vehicles that don't have built-in systems like OnStar.
Rate plans for the device start at $5 per month for plans without Wi-Fi, to a $30/month unlimited data plan. Plans including internet access are offered as both standalone or as an addition to eligible Unlimited and Mobile Share plans.
For shared data plans, currently, AT&T offers Mobile Share Flex data plans for aftermarket OBD-II devices. There is a $10 access fee per connected car device, in addition to the price of the plan.
Unlike AT&T's previous connected car device iteration, the Mobley, the Spark has specific terms of service and technical restrictions that limit use to a vehicle only - and AT&T reserves the right to terminate accounts for use outside of a vehicle. The Spark's Wi-Fi also shuts down after 30 minutes of not being in motion.
Harman Spark Specifications
- Model #: Harman HSA-15UA-AA
- # of Connected Devices: 8 via Wi-Fi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
- USB Tethering Support: None
- Supported Networks and Bands:
LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 17
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: Unknown
- LTE Performance Category: Unknown
(Max Theoretical Speed: __Mbps Down / __Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: OBD-II
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n - 2.4GHz only
- Claimed Battery Life: N/A - does not have a battery
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: N/A
- Dimensions: 2.95" x 2.06" x 1.13" / 3oz
- SIM Card Type: 3FF/Micro
- Retail Price: $79.99
Review & Testing Status
We have purchased a Spark on our AT&T Unlimited Plus account as an additional line, and will be testing it out.
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Harman Spark Ratings