The device itself uses the same base cellular modem and hardware as the Verizon MiFi M2100 5G UW. However, despite sharing the same base hardware, there are some major differences. The M2000B model for T-Mobile does not support mmWave frequencies but it does support more LTE and Sub6 5G bands than the Verizon device.
- Model Number: M2000B
- # of Connected Devices: Up to 30
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http:/my.MIFI/ or http://192.168.1.1
Default Password: Initially, it is the same as the default password for your M2000 primary network. Tap Wi-Fi Name/Password on the Home touchscreen of your M2000 to view the password.
- USB Tethering Support: Yes
- Supported Networks and Bands:
Sub-6GHZ 5G: n2, n41, n66, n71
mmWave 5G: Not Supported
4G/LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 49, 66, 71
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, 7-band
- MIMO Support: 4x4 MIMO
- LTE Performance Category: Cat 22
(Max Theoretical Speed: 2.5 Gbps Down / 316 Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: USB Type C
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n/ax - 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Battery: 3500mAh (Removable)
- Claimed Battery Life: Up to 24hrs, battery expansion available
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Likely not
- Battery Part #:
- Battery Purchase:
- Dimensions: 5.9" x 2"
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $336.00
News, Videos, & Status
We are currently testing the Verizon version of this device - the Inseego MiFi M2100 5G UW. We may obtain this T-Mobile version for testing in the future.
Related News Stories & Videos:
- Coverage? App Now Includes Maps for 5G, Canadian Carriers and U.S. Cellular Posted on: December 18, 2020
- Visible Enables 5G Support - Verizon's 5G Network For As Little As $25/mo Posted on: December 15, 2020
- T-Mobile Launches New Data-Only Plans & Inseego 5G MiFi M2000 Mobile Hotspot Posted on: December 10, 2020
- FCC's Massive C-Band Auction Begins - Shaping The Future of 5G Posted on: December 8, 2020
- US Cellular Offers the Inseego 5G MiFi and New Data Plans Posted on: October 28, 2020
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Purchasing Links Provided as a Courtesy
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer).
To remain unbiased as possible, our primary source of funding comes from our premium members, and we have negotiated higher discounts from some vendors instead of accepting affiliate relationships.
Members, please do check your exclusive Member Discounts before placing an order.
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.