The Inseego 5G MiFi M2000 (model M2000B) hotspot was T-Mobile's first flagship-level hotspot. The 5G MiFi M2000 was released in mid-December 2020, and retired from T-Mobile in 2022. It is still available from other vendors.
The device itself uses the same base cellular modem and hardware as the Verizon MiFi M2100 5G UW. However, despite sharing the same base hardware, there are some major differences. The M2000B model for T-Mobile does not support mmWave frequencies but it does support more LTE and Sub6 5G bands than the Verizon device.
- Model Number: M2000B
- # of Connected Devices: Up to 30
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http:/my.MIFI/ or http://192.168.1.1
Default Password: Initially, it is the same as the default password for your M2000 primary network. Tap Wi-Fi Name/Password on the Home touchscreen of your M2000 to view the password.
- USB Tethering Support: Yes
- Modem Chipset: Qualcomm X55
- Supported Networks and Bands:
Sub-6GHZ 5G: n2, n41, n66, n71
mmWave 5G: Not Supported
4G/LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 49, 66, 71
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, 7-band
- MIMO Support: 4x4 MIMO
- LTE Performance Category: Cat 22
(Max Theoretical Speed: 2.5 Gbps Down / 316 Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: USB Type C
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) - 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Battery: 5050mAh (Removable)
- Claimed Battery Life: Up to 24hrs, battery expansion available
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: No
- Battery Part #: 40123133 (Inseego Model #: 160006)
- Battery Purchase: Amazon
- Dimensions: 5.9" x 2.2" x 0.7"
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $299.99
News, Videos, & Status
Our more thorough review of this device can be found in our review of the Verizon version: The Inseego MiFi M2100 5G UW.
Members will find aspects unique to the M2000 in the member section below.
Related News Stories:
- Netgear Releases Unlocked, All-Carrier Nighthawk M6 Pro 5G Mobile Hotspot Posted on: May 10, 2023
- Calyx Institute Offers Inseego MiFi X Pro with Sustainer Membership Posted on: March 13, 2023
- The Franklin A50 - A New 5G Mobile Hotspot For AT&T Posted on: February 24, 2023
- Insty Connect Offering X62 5G Modems - A First For Mobile Routers Posted on: January 27, 2023
- New JEXtream RG2100 5G Mobile Hotspot Available at Metro by T-Mobile Posted on: January 3, 2023
Alternatives to Consider
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Purchasing Links & Disclaimer
We don't sell stuff, we are primarily member funded. Some links below may be affiliate links (see our disclaimer), which also helps fund MIRC.
The vendors displayed below provide larger discounts to our MIAs that we have negotiated instead of displaying affiliate links while they are logged in.
MIA Discounts - Learn & Save!
Our Mobile Internet Aficionados (MIA) get special discounts from the below vendors. Members please check for discount codes before ordering. With savings up to 11% off, you could save more than your membership cost!
Amazon | UScellular | Calyx Institute (see below)
The Calyx Institute is also shipping this device with their highest-end membership, which includes an unlimited annual T-Mobile data plan. For more on this style of plan, head to our Non-Profit T-Mobile Data Plan gear center entry.
Mobile hotspot devices are small, self-contained units that receive a cellular data signal and transform it into an internet connection. They are a cellular modem and router combined. Most can create their own personal Wi-Fi network.
They are typically designed with a specific cellular carrier in mind and require a suitable cellular data plan of their own to operate. You might see them called Jetpacks (Verizon's term for them) or MiFi (Inseego's name for them).
Here's a quick video going over the features of a hotspot, and what makes one better than another:
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.