Verizon offers tiered-data plans specifically designed for home use with a valid connected home device.
The plans are called Single Connected Home Plans and are part of Verizon's plan lineup designed for single devices.
This plan can only be activated on a valid "home connected device." Currently, the only device Verizon sells is the Smarthub, however older smart home devices might qualify.
Verizon Smarthub Specifications
- Model: Smarthub
- # of Connected Devices: 200 via Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Networks supported:
LTE Bands: 4, 13 only (no 3G fallback)
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 2.4GHz 802.11n and 5GHz 802.11ac
- Other Ports: 1x Ethernet, 1x Analog Phone Jack
- Retail Price: $199.99
Single Connected Home Plans
Data pricing is based on capped usage. Voice services, to use a standard telephone with the device, is $20/months on top of the data price. Prices do not include taxes and fees.
- 10GB for $60/month
- 20GB for $90/month
- 30GB for $120/month
- 40GB for $150/month
- Domestic Roaming: Included (but the device only supports band 4 and 13)
- International: This plan does not include any international roaming.
- Mobile Hotspot Use: All data is for mobile hotspot use.
- Data Roll Over: There is no data rollover for unused data with this plan - you lose it if you don't use it.
- Network Management: None
- Overage Charges: None
To take advantage of this plan, you need to purchase qualified connected home device.
Review Status: We do not intend to obtain this unit or plan for testing.
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Verizon Connected Home Plans and SmartHub
Verizon Connected Home Plans and SmartHub is not a good option for RVers or cruisers compared to alternatives.