Verizon offers tiered-data plans specifically designed for home use with a valid connected home device. These plans include voice for use of a standard telephone, which can be plugged into the device.
The plans are called Single Connected Home Plans and are part of Verizon's plan lineup designed for smart devices.
This plan can only be activated on a valid "home connected device." Currently, the only device Verizon sells is the Smarthub, however older smart home devices might qualify.
Verizon Smarthub Device Specifications
- Model Number: Smarthub
- # of Connected Devices: 200 via Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://my.smarthub or http://192.168.1.1
Default Password: List on the device display
- USB Tethering Support: N/A
- Supported Networks and Bands:LTE Bands: 4, 13 only (no 3G fallback)
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2x2 internal
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: 1x Ethernet, 1x Analog Phone Jack, 1x RJ31 Home Security port
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 2.4GHz 802.11n and 5GHz 802.11ac
- Claimed Battery Life: 3.91 hours / 1.87 days on standby
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 5.87" x 5.31" x 3.27" / 26.5oz
- SIM Card Type: 4FF / Nano
- Retail Price: $199.99
Single Connected Home Plans
These data plans are paired with voice service for use via a standard telephone plugged into the Smarthub device. Voice service can be added for $20/months on top of the data price - but is not required. Prices do not include taxes and fees.
These plans can only be paired with Verizon Smarthub type devices.
- 10GB for $60/month
- 20GB for $90/month
- 30GB for $120/month
- 40GB for $150/month
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon
- Carrier Relation: Direct postpaid
- Plan Types Available: Voice + Data
- Device Types Permitted: Smarthub device
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device - and device needs to be in Verizon's Smarthub line-up
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes - all
- Throttling: None
- Network Management: None
- International Roaming: No
- Domestic Roaming: Yes
- Plan Period: Monthly
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None
- Streaming: No services included, no throttling limits
- Unlimited: No
Review & Testing Status
We do not intend to obtain this unit or plan for testing.
Read More Here:
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Verizon Connected Home Plans and SmartHub
Verizon Connected Home Plans and SmartHub is not a good option for RVers or cruisers compared to alternatives.