This device has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing this device.
Verizon offers tiered-data plans specifically designed for home use with a valid connected home device. These plans include voice for use of a standard telephone, which can be plugged into the device.
The plans are called Single Connected Home Plans and are part of Verizon's plan lineup designed for smart devices.
This plan can only be activated on a valid "home connected device."
Verizon Smarthub Device Specifications
- Model Number: Smarthub
- # of Connected Devices: 200 via Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://my.smarthub or http://192.168.1.1
Default Password: List on the device display
- USB Tethering Support: N/A
- Supported Networks and Bands:LTE Bands: 4, 13 only (no 3G fallback)
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2x2 internal
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: 1x Ethernet, 1x Analog Phone Jack, 1x RJ31 Home Security port
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 2.4GHz 802.11n and 5GHz 802.11ac
- Claimed Battery Life: 3.91 hours / 1.87 days on standby
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 5.87" x 5.31" x 3.27" / 26.5oz
- SIM Card Type: 4FF / Nano
- Retail Price: $199.99
Single Connected Home Plans
These data plans are paired with voice service for use via a standard telephone plugged into the Smarthub device. Voice service can be added for $20/months on top of the data price - but is not required. Prices do not include taxes and fees.
These plans can only be paired with Verizon Smarthub type devices.
- 10GB for $60/month
- 20GB for $90/month
- 30GB for $120/month
- 40GB for $150/month
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon
- Carrier Relation: Direct postpaid
- Plan Types Available: Voice + Data
- Device Types Permitted: Smarthub device
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device - and device needs to be in Verizon's Smarthub line-up
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes - all
- Throttling: None
- Network Management: None
- International Roaming: No
- Domestic Roaming: Yes
- Plan Period: Monthly
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None
- Streaming: No services included, no throttling limits
- Unlimited: No
Review & Testing Status
We do not intend to obtain this unit or plan for testing.
Read More Here:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!