This device or plan has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device or plan may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing it.
Verizon offers tiered-data plans specifically designed for home use with a valid connected home device. These plans include voice for use of a standard telephone, which can be plugged into the device.
The plans are called Single Connected Home Plans and are part of Verizon's plan lineup designed for smart devices.
This plan can only be activated on a valid "home connected device."
Verizon Smarthub Device Specifications
- Model Number: Smarthub
- # of Connected Devices: 200 via Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://my.smarthub or http://192.168.1.1
Default Password: List on the device display
- USB Tethering Support: N/A
- Supported Networks and Bands:LTE Bands: 4, 13 only (no 3G fallback)
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2x2 internal
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: 1x Ethernet, 1x Analog Phone Jack, 1x RJ31 Home Security port
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 2.4GHz 802.11n and 5GHz 802.11ac
- Claimed Battery Life: 3.91 hours / 1.87 days on standby
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 5.87" x 5.31" x 3.27" / 26.5oz
- SIM Card Type: 4FF / Nano
- Retail Price: $199.99
Single Connected Home Plans
These data plans are paired with voice service for use via a standard telephone plugged into the Smarthub device. Voice service can be added for $20/months on top of the data price - but is not required. Prices do not include taxes and fees.
These plans can only be paired with Verizon Smarthub type devices.
- 10GB for $60/month
- 20GB for $90/month
- 30GB for $120/month
- 40GB for $150/month
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon
- Carrier Relation: Direct postpaid
- Plan Types Available: Voice + Data
- Device Types Permitted: Smarthub device
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device - and device needs to be in Verizon's Smarthub line-up
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes - all
- Throttling: None
- Network Management: None
- International Roaming: No
- Domestic Roaming: Yes
- Plan Period: Monthly
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None
- Streaming: No services included, no throttling limits
- Unlimited: No
Review & Testing Status
We do not intend to obtain this unit or plan for testing.
Read More Here:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Routers can serve as a central conductor of your local area network in your RV and boat. Mobile routers are different from residential routers in that they typically support internet sources like cellular and Wi-Fi, can be powered off of 12v or AC and support external antenna for better receiving signal.
But you might not need a router in your setup. Here's a quick video overview the variety that routers come in:
To learn more, head on over to our guides that cover these topics further: