There is currently no one single technology for keeping online that is appropriate for all the different situations mobile folks might find themselves in. Each RVer or cruiser usually ends up with a slightly different approach that best fits their travel style, needs, technical comfort level and budget.
This guide will help you understand the considerations to keep in mind when deciding what equipment and plans you need to best meet your needs.
The key to successfully staying online while being mobile is having multiple options to try at each stop. We call this a Mobile Internet Arsenal - the tools you carry with you.
Included in this Guide:
Member Exclusive Content:
- Video: Assessing your Needs w/ Live Sample
- Considerations of Your Needs
- How Much Data Do You Need
- Tracking Your Data Usage
- Assembling & Organizing an Arsenal
- Expectations Management
We are honored to be funded by our community - allowing us to provide free basic content on this resource center.
We do not resell products, gear or plans and do not accept sponsorships or 3rd party advertising - our goal is to be an unbiased informational and educational resource.
In thanks for their support, our premium members get access to the more in-depth portions of this guide- and first access to new content created.
If you're a member, please log in for full access to this guide - or if you're not yet:
Other benefits of a premium membership include:
- Product Reviews
- Mobile Internet University (our classroom) & Book
- Special MIA Newsletters & Alerts
- Discounts (which can save you more than the cost of membership!)
- Private Q&A forums & Interactive webinars
- A community of fellow nomads relying on mobile internet
Ready for more?
Check out the course at:
Is internet essential to your mobile lifestyle?
It is our passion to provide informative unbiased content and have made it our job to track this constantly evolving industry.
We stay on top of the technology
so that you can focus on what drives you!
We could not provide any of this without the support of those who chose to become members funding this resource center. We do not accept sponsorships, third party advertising and we do not resell products or gear. We strive to be an unbiased community funded resource.
Become a member starting at $65/year
Our premium membership - Mobile Internet Aficionados - is designed for those who consider internet essential for their mobile lifestyle.
In thanks for their support our members go deeper with our content - and receive benefits that help them save money, stay up to date, learn, get guidance and make informed choices.
Our goal is to save you time, money and frustration.
Other Resources We Offer:
- Our book: The Mobile Internet Handbook (5th Edition now available!).
- Our glossary: Mobile Internet Glossary
- Our app: Coverage? overlays the cellular carrier's coverage maps so you can better plan your travels around connectivity.
- Stay in the Know - We track the industry and analyze new developments for mobile travelers:
- Browse our Resource Center / Guides for more detailed guides.
- Go to school in our Mobile Internet University which walks you through the basics to the more advanced at your pace.
- Browse our Gear Center for information on gear & plans we track.
- Visit our Video Center for guides, tutorials and news stories.
- Have questions?