Mobile internet presents some unique challenges - everything from ensuring your family has the internet options needed, keeping the kids entertained, managing or controlling access, or even giving the adults a break while the kids binge-watch their favorite show.
Additionally, kids today grow up with technology and are completely comfortable with the internet, and they expect to be connected.
After all, most don't have the experience of living in a world without the Internet. And chances are they may be accustomed to a stable, unlimited, always-on connection.
As a result, kids can be voracious consumers of internet content if left unchecked, and they initially won’t understand that mobile internet on the road or water can come with limitations.
In this guide, we'll cover the impacts of mobile internet for nomadic families.
It will provide guidelines, factors to consider, and some specific examples to give you the information to make sound mobile internet decisions based on your particular family composition and priorities.
Included in this Guide:
This guide is currently a member only exclusive.
- Analyzing Your Family's Mobile Internet Needs
- Assembling Your Family Mobile Internet Arsenal
- Parental Controls
We are honored to be funded by our community - allowing us to provide free basic content on this resource center.
We do not resell products, gear or plans and do not accept sponsorships or 3rd party advertising - our goal is to be an unbiased informational and educational resource.
In thanks for their support, our premium members get access to the more in-depth portions of this guide- and first access to new content created.
If you're a member, please log in for full access to this guide - or if you're not yet:
Other benefits of a premium membership include:
- Product Reviews
- Mobile Internet University (our classroom) & Book
- Special MIA Newsletters & Alerts
- Discounts (which can save you more than the cost of membership!)
- Private Q&A forums & Interactive webinars
- A community of fellow nomads relying on mobile internet
Is internet essential to your mobile lifestyle?
It is our passion to provide informative unbiased content and have made it our job to track this constantly evolving industry.
We stay on top of the technology
so that you can focus on what drives you!
We could not provide any of this without the support of those who chose to become members funding this resource center. We do not accept sponsorships, third party advertising and we do not resell products or gear. We strive to be an unbiased community funded resource.
Become a member starting at $65/year
Our premium membership - Mobile Internet Aficionados - is designed for those who consider internet essential for their mobile lifestyle.
In thanks for their support our members go deeper with our content - and receive benefits that help them save money, stay up to date, learn, get guidance and make informed choices.
Our goal is to save you time, money and frustration.
Other Resources We Offer:
- Our book: The Mobile Internet Handbook (5th Edition now available!).
- Our glossary: Mobile Internet Glossary
- Our app: Coverage? overlays the cellular carrier's coverage maps so you can better plan your travels around connectivity.
- Stay in the Know - We track the industry and analyze new developments for mobile travelers:
- Browse our Resource Center / Guides for more detailed guides.
- Go to school in our Mobile Internet University which walks you through the basics to the more advanced at your pace.
- Browse our Gear Center for information on gear & plans we track.
- Visit our Video Center for guides, tutorials and news stories.
- Have questions?