- Model Number: CT2MHS01
- # of Connected Devices: 15
- Control Panel and Default Password:
- Control Panel: 192.168.1.1 or http://hotspot.webui
- Default Admin Password: Last 8 digits of the mobile hotspot’s IMEI code
- USB Tethering Support: Yes - USB Type-C
- Networks supported:
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, 4-band
- MIMO Support: 4x4 Internal
- LTE Performance Category: Cat-16
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: None
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; Dual-band 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz
- Battery: Removable Li-ion battery, 3,000 mAh
- Claimed Battery Life: 15.5 hours
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Battery Part #:
- Battery Purchase:
- Dimensions: 4" x 2.79" x 0.72"; 5.11 ounces
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $79.99
News, Videos, & Status
We do not intend to test this device at this time.
- Cricket Adds Ad-Tier HBO Max to $60 Unlimited Plan Posted on: August 19, 2021
- Cricket Wireless Lowers Price on 100GB Simply Data Plan for Hotspots to $55/mo Posted on: April 26, 2021
- New Turbo Hotspot 2 by Wingtech for Cricket Wireless and AT&T Business Posted on: January 27, 2021
- Cricket Simply Data Plan Introduces Device Restrictions - Do NOT MOVE SIM CARDS from Routers! Posted on: January 24, 2021
- Cricket Wireless Introduces 100GB Simply Data Plan for $90/mo for Hotspots & Routers AND Adds 5G Access to Some Plans Posted on: August 21, 2020
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier, and we do not endorse any specific vendor. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer).
Mobile hotspot devices are small, self-contained units that receive a cellular data signal and transform it into an internet connection. They are a cellular modem and router combined. Most can create their own personal Wi-Fi network.
They are typically designed with a specific cellular carrier in mind and require a suitable cellular data plan of their own to operate. You might see them called Jetpacks (Verizon's term for them) or MiFi (Inseego's name for them).
Here's a quick video going over the features of a hotspot, and what makes one better than another:
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.