T-Mobile introduced a new T-Mobile-branded 5G hotspot made by Quanta on June 16, 2022.
We don't have all of the information yet on the technical specifications but will update our information as we get more details.
- Model: T-Mobile 5G Hotspot
- # of Connected Devices: Up to 32
- Control Panel and Default Password:
- USB Tethering Support: Unconfirmed but probable
- Modem Chipset: MediaTek 750
- Supported Networks and Bands:
Sub-6GHz 5G: n25, n41, n66, n71
mmWave 5G: None
4G/LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes
- MIMO Support: 4x4 internal
- LTE Performance Category: Category 19
- (Max Theoretical Speed: 1.2 Gbps Down / 316 Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: USB-C (power and tethering)
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) - Simultaneous 2.4 & 5GHz
- Battery: 6460mAh, Non-removable
- Claimed Battery Life:
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: No
- Dimensions: 0.7 x 4.92 x 3.07 inches
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $198
News, Videos, and Status
We have purchased this new mobile hotspot device, and our MIAs can follow along with our testing notes which will become part of our review below after we've had some hands on time to share:
- Testing in Progress Forum: Quanta T-Mobile 5G Hotspot (Mobile Hotspot)
- Netgear Releases Unlocked Nighthawk M6 MR6150 5G Mobile Hotspot Posted on: October 4, 2022
- Coverage? App Update - Integrated SpeedTest by Ookla, Updated 5G Layers, 3G & Sprint Removed Posted on: September 23, 2022
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer). We request vendors give our members bigger discounts instead of giving us affiliate kickbacks.
Member Discounts - Learn & Save!
Our MIAs get special discounts from these vendors. Members please check for discount codes before ordering. Some vendors offer up to 10% off - you could save more than the cost of your membership on major purchases.
Mobile hotspot devices are small, self-contained units that receive a cellular data signal and transform it into an internet connection. They are a cellular modem and router combined. Most can create their own personal Wi-Fi network.
They are typically designed with a specific cellular carrier in mind and require a suitable cellular data plan of their own to operate. You might see them called Jetpacks (Verizon's term for them) or MiFi (Inseego's name for them).
Here's a quick video going over the features of a hotspot, and what makes one better than another:
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.