The Coolpad Surf was released in January 2018 for T-Mobile and a Sprint version was released in June 2019.
- Model Number: Coolpad Surf
- # of Connected Devices: 15 via Wi-Fi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://mobile.hotspot or http://192.168.0.1
Default Password: "admin"
- USB Tethering Support: Probable, but unknown
- Supported Networks and Bands (T-Mobile Version):
LTE Bands: B2, 4, 12, 71, 66
3G: B1, 2, 4
- Supported Networks and Bands (Sprint Version):
LTE Bands: B2, 4, 5 12, 13, 25, 26, 41, 66, 71
3G: B1, 2, 4
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2x2 internal only
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: microUSB
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n - 2.4GHz only
- Claimed Battery Life: 48 hours standby, 4.5 hours of use
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 4.29” x 2.64” x “.63” (3.88oz)
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $72
Review & Testing Status
We do not have a unit for testing.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.