The Coolpad Surf was released in January 2018 for T-Mobile and a Sprint version was released in June 2019. The device is also available from MVNO's and resellers.
- Model Number: Coolpad Surf
- # of Connected Devices: 15 via Wi-Fi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://mobile.hotspot or http://192.168.0.1
Default Password: "admin"
- USB Tethering Support: Probable, but unknown
- Supported Networks and Bands (T-Mobile Version):
LTE Bands: B2, 4, 12, 71, 66
3G: B1, 2, 4
- Supported Networks and Bands (Sprint Version):
LTE Bands: B2, 4, 5 12, 13, 25, 26, 41, 66, 71
3G: B1, 2, 4
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- MIMO Support: 2x2 internal only
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: microUSB
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n - 2.4GHz only
- Claimed Battery Life: 48 hours standby, 4.5 hours of use
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 4.29” x 2.64” x “.63” (3.88oz)
- SIM Card Type: Nano
- Retail Price: $72
Review & Testing Status
Our team has a couple of units in house in thanks to the September 2019 T-Mobile Test Drive program.
Once our testing is complete, our full review will be available to members in the section below. During testing, members can follow our testing activity in our forum, where we'll post updates and our latest insights and information.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.