Verizon is again increasing prices for some legacy smartphone planes in a bid to entice existing customers to upgrade to newer plans.
Verizon last increased existing plan prices in late summer 2023, and is doing so again with some consumer and business plans.
For consumer plans, Verizon is raising prices by $4 per line on its previous generation 5G Get More, 5G Play More, 5G Do More, and 5G Start unlimited plans starting with the March 2024 billing cycle.
Affected customers should receive notifications by the end of January.
Nomads sticking with these older plans should run the numbers to see if it's worth upgrading or not. One advantage with Verizon's new myPlan lineup, is that much higher tethering/mobile hotspot limits are available than the older plans.
See our Verizon Gear Center for current pricing and features.
Additionally, Verizon is raising prices for some legacy business smartphone customers.
Details have not been officially published at press time, but leaks and emails posted by affected customers that the affected plans include: Business Unlimited Smartphone, Business Unlimited Essentials, and Business Unlimited Plus, which will increase by $5/month per line, and The New Verizon, Flexible Business and New Verizon Plans for Business, which will increase by $3/month per line.
Notifications are currently going out, and the business plan changes will reportedly be effective starting January 23, 2024.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- Verizon is increasing prices for some legacy smartphone plans.
- Verizon wants customers to upgrade to newer plans and is using price increases as an incentive.
For more information:
- CNET News Story: Verizon Price Increase
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Guide: Considerations for Selecting Cellular Data Plans
- Gear: Verizon Postpaid Plans
- Gear: Verizon Business Plans
- Content Collection: Using Cellular Data for Mobile Internet Resources
- Total By Verizon Now Offering Prepaid Home Internet Option For $55/Month - Mobile Use Not Officially Supported Posted on: February 2, 2024
- Straight Talk Releases Prepaid 100GB Mobile Hotspot Plan on Verizon for $50/mo (also for Tablets) Posted on: January 26, 2024
- Verizon Cushions Blow Of Smartphone Plan Price Increase With Extra 5GB Of Mobile Hotspot Data Posted on: January 25, 2024
- Verizon Increasing Prices on Legacy Consumer and Business Smartphone Plans Posted on: January 19, 2024
- Verizon Announces New Unlimited Ultimate Smartphone Plan With 60GB Of Personal Mobile Hotspot Posted on: August 30, 2023